Used/Old Drysuit purchase - things to watch out for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CKH

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm going to take a look at a Henderson drysuit, and as far as I can tell, they haven't been in production for quite a few years. The suit itself is neoprene construction.

The deal is pretty sweet.

What are some things I should be looking out for?

Can you do a pressure test and check for leaks before you buy?

Ask if and when the zip was replaced and how many dives it's been in. Check the neck and wrist seals to see if they are not tight, and if so then you'll need new ones.

Check seams, especially around the crotch area.

If you don't know what to look for... how do you know the deal is "pretty sweet"?

Seriously.

Can you do a pressure test and check for leaks before you buy?

Ask if and when the zip was replaced and how many dives it's been in. Check the neck and wrist seals to see if they are not tight, and if so then you'll need new ones.

Check seams, especially around the crotch area.

Thanks. Will do. To check out today.

If you don't know what to look for... how do you know the deal is "pretty sweet"?

Seriously.

I misspoke. It seems like a pretty sweet deal, but since I know very little about drysuits, I thought I would ask for some advice. So, do you have anything constructive to add to the discussion, or would you rather bully me instead?

I misspoke. It seems like a pretty sweet deal, but since I know very little about drysuits, I thought I would ask for some advice. So, do you have anything constructive to add to the discussion, or would you rather bully me instead?

You must be new to the internet... welcome! PS - I suggest something in crushed neoprene, as you obviously have fairly thin skin.

:d

Thanks, but the deal didn't pan out... small neoprene drysuit ended up way harder to get into than a small wetsuit.

You must be new to the internet... welcome! PS - I suggest something in crushed neoprene, as you obviously have fairly thin skin.

:d

I like feeding trolls... and sticking a little venom into the feed. ^_^

Thanks for the advice. I'll look into crushed neoprene when I'm in the market for a drysuit as opposed to a deal. This was $135 for a reasonably unused drysuit.

Back
Top Bottom