Used Scuba Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Dacor XLP is a really good balanced reg. The rebuild parts, hp seats second stage diaphragms are still available from Trident but I doubt most shops will service them for you. If you don't know about rebuilding regs or arent interested in learning about it you would be better off selling them to someone who is and use the money to buy something newer and easier to get serviced. The Seaquest Solutions is an older, 10-15yrs? but decent comp for recreational diving. They didn't have any issues or recalls that I know of like a lot of other comps that have been made over the years. They do use an older algorithm but they are not digital bend-o-matics. Search for Seaquest Solutions here and you should find a link to a pdf of the instructions. The battery is about $7 for it and isn't too difficult to change and the oring is a common size if it needs to be replaced. There are instructions online on how to change the battery. I don't like the button configuration on them, my fingers are too big, but for what you paid you can't complain. Im not familiar with the other comp. All in all you got a good deal for $100.

Id love to learn how to service the regs but I think maybe at a later date. The Dive shop I go to said they were garbage regulators. So I figure I could find a inexpensive set up used for $200 ish

Ok guys we have a this or that question. Should I get an Aeris A1 set up (1st and 2nd stage with gauges for $175) or should I get a US Divers SE3 set up (1st and 2nd stage with gauges and octo for $125)

Id love to learn how to service the regs but I think maybe at a later date. The Dive shop I go to said they were garbage regulators. So I figure I could find a inexpensive set up used for $200 ish
Send them to me and I will dispose of those garbage regs for you :)
Seriously though, if you want to sell them I would be happy to take them off your hands and add them to my collection. I have about a dozen different older single hose regs but no Dacor yet.

What kind of gauges come with them?

It's a toss up. They are both good regs.

I figure this is a good place to start a friend has a scubapro mk15 in excellent shape but someone told me that scubapro was going to stop producing service kits for some regulators like the mk10 and others they consider as antiques I guess the price is right for this mk15 and I could use for a spare reg for me or my granddaughter. Thoughts

Back
Top Bottom