USIA Techniflex Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gillty

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Well, I got to go test my new Techniflex suit at Lake Tenkiller this weekend. The suit that I bought was the Techniflex with the following options: forearm dump valve, bio flex socks, diagonal front zip, superstretch thermals, zippered pockets for the thigh, and urine dump valve.

I absolutely love the suit. The quality is great. So here are the pro's and con's that I have found so far.

Pro's: The superstretch thermals were way warm in the 48 - 50 degree water we dove in this weekend.

My level of flexibility was very good in this suit as I could easily put my fins on and take them off. (With previous suits I really had to work to strap my fins on). I attribute this level of flexibility to come from a combination of the stretch thermals, and a well fitting suit.

Fore arm dump was very easy to vent with.

Removable pockets are very sweet.

New urine valve seems to work a little smoother than Si Tech's previous valve.

I was dry on all dives.

Cons:

The bio flex socks were cut a little large for my foot and the material tended to bunch up in the end of my boot and would get annoying after awhile. (I now think the latex socks may be the better choice for those of you trying to decide.)

It was a little difficult to get out of after the dive. But I seem to be getting better at it after each dive. The pictures seem to be absolutely huge so I apologize for that. If anyone has any advice for inserting photos please don't hesitate to let me know.

DSCN1108.JPG

DSCN1123.JPG

DSCN1124.JPG

If anyone has any questions please let me know.

Gillty

Gillty:
The pictures seem to be absolutely huge so I apologize for that. If anyone has any advice for inserting photos please don't hesitate to let me know.

You just need to resize them.

Helpful utilities:
A. InfranView. It's free, and super fast for viewing, cropping, resizing, touching up pics - Photoshop takes too long to open on my computer.

B. Image Resizer utility for Windows XP. It adds a resize option to your menu when you right click on a file; size small works quite well for this forum.

Here you go:

DSCN1108Small.jpg

DSCN1123Small.jpg

DSCN1124Small.jpg

You where Converse as your drysuit boots? That's a pretty good idea.

Sweet suit, it seems. How long did it take to receiva one from the mufacturer and what did it cost you, if you don't mind to sharing it.

thanks

What size are you (height and weight) and what size is the suit?

How stretchy is the material itself (can you compare it to 7mm neoprene or compressed neoprene)?

What kind of gloves are you using?

Let's see. It took about 6 weeks from the time I ordered the suit to receive it. Keep
in mind that that is a for a custom suit. I work for the shop that sold me the suit so I got an extremely good deal on it. I would guess you could get one for around $1400 to $1800 for the suit with thermals and bag.

I am 5' 9" and weigh 175 lbs. The suit is custom sized but I am in between a large and
a medium. The material is not extremely stretchy. I would say it stretches about like compressed neoprene but is much lighter. If you have a LDS that carries Oceanic
b.c's made out of bioflex you could go check those out to get an idea of what the
material is like.

I use the si tech dry gloves with rings.

Gillty

Oh something i wanted to ask about this particular suit, but completely forgot!

The pockets that you have, is it a the "cargo" pocket the one that is included with the suit as standard equipment? Or is an optional type of a pocket.

Its just on the site cargo pockets look a bit different.

You mentioned that superstretch undergarments were too warm. So does this mean that there is really no application for something like Exotherm II, unless extreme cold temps?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom