Using rechargeable CR123A? Intova 660 Torch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gcarter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Intova on their website does not recommend rechargeable batteries for this light - disposables are 3.0V and rechargeable are 3.7V.

I understand the limitation of warranty, but has anyone used rechargeable CR123A? What was your experience?

TIA

I use rechargeable batteries in my intova cr123 light. They work good so far but only 55 minutes and light burns out quite quick. It does go from very strong light to dim at 55 minutes. So 55 minute night dives.

What mah are you using?

Rechargeables 'drop-off' quickly........They're great for the ecology but don't give you that slow 'drop/dimming' warning that non-rechargeables do......So if you use them [in any light] be prepared to get an exact burn time w/no dimming.....When the burn time is done, it's done !!!.......

I can't say specifically with your light. However, I ran a test with our Intova lights (the model number escapes me at the moment) which takes 2 CR123 batteries. With inexpensive (non-rechargeable) CR123 batteries purchased on eBay, we got 3+ night dives (~3+ hours) before they started dimming and then going out. To be more environmentally friendly, we bought the highest mA capability rechargeable CR123 batteries we could find, charged them full, put them in our light and then placed it in a sink full of water. The light was dead within 30 minutes. As it's a bit difficult to replace batteries underwater, we've never dove with rechargeable CR123 batteries.

Back
Top Bottom