Using The SD-1 in the Oil Patch. Loving It!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DGordon

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been using my SD-1 fins for well over a year now and I love them. I do commercial diving offshore in the gulf of mexico. The diving is all surface supplied and there's not a need for fins on every dive, but when you need them they had better get you where you're going quickly, and without wearing you out, you want to be able to climb a ladder with them if possible, walk on deck, and not be in your way when you don't need them...and in the safety culture offshore, if you can wear them over the required steel toed boots, thats a huge plus, because you don't have to hear the safety guy whine! The SD-1 does all of this and does it well. I'm a convert from the Excellerating force fins, which I have been using and loving for years. Thanks for another great fin Bob and everyone at Force Fin!

p.s. image below is of one of the caissons we removed this year being lifted out of the water with the crane. This section weighed in at nearly 100,000 lbs.

Attachments

• IMG_2781.jpg
    IMG_2781.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 89
DGORDON,
Great to see you on the board. I just got off the phone with a guy who finished up a commercial dive shop while wearing his New SD-1 and he loves them. Glad you like um and thanks for the post!
Blair
PS there is a Rig dive on the Vision this Saturday the 31st-- Interested? I am thinking about getting some Force Fins wet. Contact me if you are around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom