I’m never using a BC again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What? A personality clash on the interwebs? Meh. Lot's people hate my ass for all sorts of wild reasons for me to get all worried about it. I do find that most people don't like advice if they don't specifically ask for it. Sometimes, they don't like it even when they do. Go figure!
I do not hate anyone here. One needs to work hard to deserve my hate, not just blab over the internet. But it is easy to win my contempt.

I do not hate anyone here. One needs to work hard to deserve my hate, not just blab over the internet. But it is easy to win my contempt.
No one contempts me better than me! :D :D :D

Bureaucracies can be slow, selfish, or just plain dumb. I wouldn't mind at all if Eric simply said that he had to follow the law. Ordnung muss sein, dura lex sed lex, and so on. However, he used much stronger words, " it’s disrespectful, selfish, and ignorant". I did not ask Eric to lecture me on morality and such blind faith in authority, even worshiping it, is against common sense. Disrespectful? Sure, but maybe they need to earn your respect. Selfish? Hardly. You'll be trying to do a noble thing better on your time and money. Ignorant? Maybe they are ignorant, not you?
He did on the first page of this thread but you wouldn't let it go.

I like my air cell but not sure if I’ll ever use an actual b/c again.

Eric, I started reading this at the beginning, but kinda glazed over as various techniques (cull vs removal - I’m a retired Biologist) gear safety, etc, etc was discussed and rehashed, so I’m jumping to the end and will just offer support and encouragement. You are doing this frequently and repeatedly and can certainly speak with the authority of experience. Also, the very specialized nature of your pursuit gives you license to adapt and adjust your gear suitably… no octo, no problem, minimal or no added flotation, your call. It’s a very specific style of diving with a very specific set of requirements.

To your detractors I would simply say, if you haven’t done it, you don’t know! My only negative comment would be that you haven’t figured out a way to share all that fresh uni with me! 😉😋

Dive safe,
Your Phriend, the ‘Phibian

That one kept circling us during my Tech Cave class a few years ago.
I told him about you. :D

On the one hand someone is actually doing real work to address a problem in the real world.

On the other hand, someone is trying really hard to win an argument on the interwebs.

If you really want the interweb research to mean anything, send it to the authorities deciding these things in California. Or else your contributions can be filed here at scubaboard, alongside whether to carry a snorkel, and what are the best fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom