Uss Bass May 22 2007 video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That vis disturbs me! I am a New Englander! I don't trust water I can see through! :D

You can tell I am a bit of a geek though because the first thought in my head when I saw the video was "Wow cool, that Canon housing is only rated to 130 ft but it survived a dive on the Bass".

It was an awesome day for you on the Bass! Was the mooring bottle there when you arrived? Some years I arrive with a buoy or sorts and some years none. It's so convenient when there is a surface buoy. I can't wait to return this year. To me a perfect day of New England diving is a deco dive on the Bass followed by a deco dive on the U853. Ahhhh.....

--Matt

Wow I enjoyed that. For some reason you look familiar but the guy Im thinking of didnt smoke cigars when I knew him. Hmm one of your videos says April 2007 by Bill La...... It couldnt be could it? and smiling at 7am. Im putting the clues together..

Glad it turned out well.

Can I ask Bill what you guys use for the upline on your dive bags incase of a free accent. You guys use a reel or finger spool ? Ide like to get a divebag/line set up. What lb lift also and what type of line.

Thanks

Chris

Thanks Matt. I wouldnt be doing the Bass but I was told we should have a reel and bag for the Onondaga dive. So the next time that opp. occurs I want to be prepared.

matt_unique:
It was an awesome day for you on the Bass! Was the mooring bottle there when you arrived? Some years I arrive with a buoy or sorts and some years none. It's so convenient when there is a surface buoy. I can't wait to return this year. To me a perfect day of New England diving is a deco dive on the Bass followed by a deco dive on the U853. Ahhhh.....

--Matt

Matt im jealous too. I dont think this One fin guy works. This is what i think would be a perfect day. First hit the Bass, than the 853 and end it with the L8. Three sub's in one day. Now that would be a day of diving.

hey yo' all!
...don't believe one-fin! he faked it by staging this dive in the pool in his backyard!
....impossible to get those sea conditions at the Bass! no wonder his camera didn't leak! ....and that explains the mirror surface and 100 ft viz! ...com' on, guys!

Yea but that ScubaJoe footage looked quite real and thats hard to fakebut the cigar and smiling at 7am looks staged.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom