USVI in two weeks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alara1972

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all! I'll be arriving in St Thomas soon and I just booked a dive trip with Red Hook Dive Center and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience diving with them.... Any and all info you could provide would be great, thanks!

I dove with another op, but try to get them to take you to the place where there are lots of swim throughs and gulleys. For the life of me I can not remember the name, but they will.

If you go do the Rhone, remember to take your passport as that is Brit territory.

Thanks for the info! Yes, I'll have my passport in hand.

You also might want to check out Coki beach. I have no idea what it is like now since its been at least 6 years since I was last there but it used to be a so so shore dive.

You will have a great time with Red Hook Dive Center. They are at the location of the former Chris Sawyer Diving Center in Red Hook and are owned and operated by former employees of Chris Sawyer.
The name of the dive site richinnc was trying to think of was Arches and Tunnel or Tunnels of Thatch.
Enjoy

The name of the dive site richinnc was trying to think of was Arches and Tunnel or Tunnels of Thatch.
Enjoy

The Thatch Cay Tunnels is a GREAT DIVE SITE: Diving wrecks around St. Thomas

With no swell this is a fantastic dive site :D

"Thatch Cay (north side)

It is really sad that the high season for diving in St Thomas is the winter months, because that is when this 45 ft deep dive site is subject to swells that make the diving hazardous. Depending on your route, there can be as many as eight tunnels to swim through. There is one 60 ft long tunnel with a bend in it that is just breathtaking. The longest tunnel takes a shortcut through the end of the island and opens to the sea. It is a treat to get to dive it."

An alternative would be Cow and Calf on the south side and I would recommend
St. Thomas Diving Club, Scuba and Snorkeling in St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Just got back from a week vacation from the USVI and had a great time! I dove with Red Hook Diving Center and they are a great outfit! I highly recommend them and would gladly dive with them again! I did a two tank dive and the sites we visited were Stragglers and Castle Reef. Red Hook Diving Center also does a night dive on Wed... Has anyone out there participated in a night dive in the USVI? If so how was it? I took some pics of my time underwater, please feel free to browse and comment.

I just did dives w/RHDC & St Thomas Diving Club. Both are first class operations. We did Arches and Tunnels w/RHDC which was, in short, magnificent. Due to location, RHDC dives on reefs SE, E, and North (conditions permitting). St Thomas Diving Club has access to the south & west which has more wrecks.
You cannot go wrong with either or both operations. Top notch, customer oriented staffs and nice boats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom