Utila shore diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sidwise

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Is there a place on Utila that has shore diving a la CocoView on Roatan? I.e., lots to see in the front yard, a short swim to the reef, good walls and/or wreck accessible from shore? (granted, I'm spoiled; at CCV, I usually do as many shore dives as boat dives) I've read scores of threads here about Utila, and nothing has lept out as an obvious answer.

If such a place exists on Utila, is the easy shore diving the house reef at a resort? Or is it possible to shore dive your brains out when you do one of the much-vaunted Utila budget dive trips, where you stay in an inexpensive place, book your dives through some local operator, and arrange your own eating, drinking, and merriment at establishments in town?

Related question: are Utila dive resorts and operators comfortable with experienced divers diving solo?

Deep Blue resort and Laguna Beach Resort have shore diving. Period. Solo diving would have to be discussed with the operator. Why solo? Get a good buddy and dive your own profiles.

Regards,

Cudabait:
Deep Blue resort and Laguna Beach Resort have shore diving. Period. Solo diving would have to be discussed with the operator. Why solo? Get a good buddy and dive your own profiles.

Regards,

Deep Blue does have good shore diving, BUT the entry is a little difficult, especially if there is much wave action. Good vis and lots of fish though.

DSDO

Shore dive at Laguna Beach Resort is a great dive and the entry is very easy. We did several dives on the house reef and all were excellent.

Joe

I would say Laguna Beach Resort for shore diving. Location is great, right on the lagoon mouth which attracts Tarpons, Barracuda even had a reef shark reported there recently...

Reef shark, yikes! I'm going to LBR in February. Would be thrilled to see a shark but then again, what's the danger factor there? You know it's funny, as a newbie, I want to see a real honest to goodness "shark" shark, but then again, I may have a heart attack.
What are the odds and how concerned do I need to be. (please don;t think this question is stupid!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom