UW Bonaire images

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice!!

very nice....love looking at pictures from all over.

An extremely lame question... but do you have a great uw set up or is the water just so clear and the place that nice and sunny.... :wink:

the pictures make me want to make a trip down myself!

uglyredshoes:
An extremely lame question... but do you have a great uw set up or is the water just so clear and the place that nice and sunny.... :wink:

the pictures make me want to make a trip down myself!
If you haven't been to Bonaire, you definitely want to make the trip down ... the water is that clear, and the place is that nice and sunny ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hi,

Very nice photos !!! I was in Bonaire last week and didn't have nearly the success that you had. It was my first attempt at shooting digital (Oly C-8080 & Ike DS-125 strobe) and the results were at best mixed.

All of my images came out very blue and with little contrast. Most of the pics that I took were shot from 1 to 10 feet from the subject. The camera settings that I used were: ISO 100, Shutter Priority Mode, 1/125 shutter speed, White balance - Auto. The flash was set to TTL operation and the camera flash setting was Slow 1 (the default when using an external strobe). I played with the white balance the second half of the trip and that helped slightly but there was still a very heavy blue cast in the photos.

Straight out of the camera, the pictures were awful. With a little help from Adobe Photo Shop, I have been able to make them into some pretty decent shots but still not as good as the ones that I shot with my trusty Nikonos.

Would you mind sharing with me what camera settings you used? Any advice would be greatly appreciated !!!

Bob, if you can post some we can do a better job of assisting you. Off hand I would first suggest you go full manual rather than Aor S priority, auto modes don't work that well underwater.

Thank you for your responses. I am attaching a few pictures to give you an idea of what I'm getting. The first two shots are straight out of the camera. As you can see they have little contrast and have an almost iridescent blue hue to them. The other shots are my first attempts at color adjustments with Photoshop. With the help of Photoshop, the pics have improved but like I said in my initial post, the quality is not the same as with my Nikonos (nor the same great results as the pictures that you have posted). Once again, I appreciate any and all comments and advice !!

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom