UW Communications for Instructor - PADI Specialty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNav

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The UW Communications for Instructor - PADI Distinctive Specialty has been designed for diving professionals that are considering to use Underwater Communications during their day to day activities; either while teaching to student divers or when leading group of divers visiting resort sites.

This course contains knowledge development, a confined water skill development session and 2 open water training dives.
The knowledge development session of this specialty is composed by the OCEANREEF UW Communication for Instructors - Online Class.
The student must complete the knowledge development and obtain a certification of completion from DiveComputerTraining.com before the training dives.
certificate_or_uwcomm_i_padi_forum.jpg

At the end of this course, student will receive the OCEANREEF Underwater Communication - Instructor accreditation from PADI.

If you are a PADI dive Instructor you can obtain the OCEANREEF UW Communications for Instructor - PADI Distinctive Specialty - Instructor Outline from OCEANREEF or from PADI Pro Site

This is sort of like PPB for divers, only its for instructors who didn't learn it prior to, or during their ITC? Thanks for filling the gap.

This is sort of like PPB for divers, only its for instructors who didn't learn it prior to, or during their ITC? Thanks for filling the gap.
Sorry but you lost me .... what is PPB?

Sorry, Peak Performance Buoyancy.

I think that they are very different, except they both fill the same niche, providing instruction in things that the target audiences should have mastered in their earlier training. Again, thanks for identifying the problem and providing what appears to be a quality solution.

I was curious, so downloaded the outline from PADI's site.
It is a product-specific PADI distinctive specialty, geared toward using OceanReef's FFM and comm device.
It covers other methods of communication only in a historical context, showing (for example) only six hand signals.

......It is a product-specific PADI distinctive specialty, geared toward using OceanReef's FFM and comm device..
Yes indeed.

..... showing (for example) only six hand signals.
Those 6 hand signals are the ones used by OCEANREEF in their course in subject.
Their course ... their outline :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom