UW Photography Book Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lwang06

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anybody have any suggestions on any books to help better understand shooting underwater? including understandind strobes etc... I'm still a beginner so any help would be appreciated

I've also been reading a lot online so websites- magazines- blogs would be great!

Martin Edge's book. I think it's titled The Underwater Photographer.

Alex's book second, after you read Martin's. Also I think you should be looking at whatever photographic topside stuff interests you.
Bill

I agree that Martin's book is the definitive UWP book, and has something for everyone. Dr. M's book, is described as a "master class" book, which I also agree with. It's more about creative technique and really assumes that you are way past being satisfied with images that "turn out"...

Both have places of honor in my throne room.

The other noteworthy publication is an e-book published by Nat Geo shooter, Paul Nicklen called Photographing Wild. Like Mustard's book, it's more about advanced technique but it can serve up a monster serving of inspiration for a new shooter as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom