UW video camera systems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barracuda

Registered
Reaction score
hi all !!

looking for advice on a mid range uw video camera system for use in surveys. need the same to be compact and light while delivering reasonably good quality for play back.

have seen Bonica and Top Dawg systems and need advice / suggestions from the video gurus out there. thanks in advance for the same.

venkat

It sounds as though you are starting from scratch. That being said there are a few questions you need to ask yourself and answer for me that will allow me to better fit you with options:

1. What is your budget (ideal and realistic)

2. What do you want to use this for (web, store promo, personal, production)

3. Do you have any video experience? I highly suggest something with manual white balance capability.

4. Where do you do most of your diving? (this will determine needs of camera, and more importantly, lens requirements)

Thats a good start so I can better help you.

Any opinions regarding the Bonica Snapper 1080p HDDV? I noticed that the pixel format is 1440 horizontally rather than 1920 as would be expected for an HDTV format. For $600 US it looks like a good deal.

My favorite system would be the Canon HF S10/S11, Gates Housing with Gp32 port. Here is a link to a sample video I shot with it. HF S10/HF S11 Video

Have you checked out the Flip Ultra HD with Ikelite housing combo? Its the best package for the price point! Here is a link to my sample video that I shot with it. All available light, no editing.

Flip Ultra HD Video

The fact that you mentioned compact makes me wonder if you have considered point and shoot cameras. This would of course depend on how much video you need to take at once but could be a very cheap, compact, but HD route.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom