Uwatec Aladin Air X

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjdm:
I just bought the memomouse...what a piece of junk. I had to haul out my old desktop computer as the cable connection is ancient and not found on my laptop or docking station. You would think uuatek would move to USB like everyone else on the planet. A few more secrets...the computer only keeps detailed info from your last 4 dives. The prongs do not stay in the computer very well either so it's a delicate dance to get everything downloaded. The amatuer interface and ancient cable are making me think twice about my purchase.

All that being said my printouts of my last 4 dives was eye opening and I am glad to have them. I only wish the process was easier.
Get a serial to USB converter I found that the suunto one at my LDS was £45.00 BUT the one I got from my local computer store was £12.00, mine works fine but I an trying to convert all my data trak files to smart trak without much luck.

Over all I'm more than happy with my Aladin, it's worked when and how I wanted and expected it to. One thing that has ammused me through this post is the comments about how "people couldn't alter the aladins settings and that it beeps all the time!, firstly this is because THEY couldn't alter them or that they did it incorrectly"

Secondly, It beeps when you rise above or quicker than the recommended accent rates and also warns you when you miss a deco stop....................surely no one here will have a problem with the saftey features that it's warning us about!!! I'd rather be warned by a beep than end up bent or crippled.And anyway isn't that why we all bought the things for anyway??? saftey!!

And lastly, I've seen so many people put the aladin on their left wrist...............as most people use this to operate and use the BCD the aladin miss reads this as being a rapid accent and warns you accordingly.I'm not blaiming anyone BUT sometimes the simple answers to problems are both correct and far more direct than the longer and more complicated.

the computer only keeps detailed info from your last 4 dives[/QUOTE

According to the owner's manual (pg 57, chapter 7, Tips and Tricks), you can save the profiles of all your dives by transferring data to the Memo Mouse regularly. Just bring it with you on dive trips.

Finally got the memomouse hooked up to my laptop. I am finding the anlaysis of my dives very very helpful. Plus, I just discovered that I take the memomouse with me on dive trip and download my dives each night. This saves all types of great info from the dives. UWATEC has put some thought into this product. I only wish they a usb adapter in the first place.

I bought the air Z nitrox. it will hold up to 37 dives or 200min of dive time. it took a little while to get the program to work correct(had to read the manual). a tip for the pins try a little spit, just remember to rinse it when you are done.

Back
Top Bottom