Uwatec Computer Battery Replacement Scam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the OP still had a computer, he might be interested in these posts! ;-)
I was responding to the 2nd post from kevbriggs2017 yesterday...

Kirk has probably resolved his issue one way or the other since Mar 2015.

The Uwatec battery change operation of the Brass Anchor has moved to Florida, serving owners worldwide. I can change ALL models of Uwatec dive computers as described on my webpage, test and reset the battery percent. Also USDiver Monitor I, II, III. Web page has changed to Home

just had mine done by scuba pro cost me 230 X2 for my air zs and they wont fix the transmitter ..what a rip off wish I would have seen this post ..........

Just replaced the battery in my Pro Nitrox. Not that difficult but you do need a fine point soldering iron and some patience when it come to waking it up again as it takes quite a few tries. Local price on battery was $15.00 CAD

Just replaced the battery in my Pro Nitrox. Not that difficult but you do need a fine point soldering iron and some patience when it come to waking it up again as it takes quite a few tries. Local price on battery was $15.00 CAD
What did you do for oil replacement? I buy batteries a handful at a time from China. The oil makes the batteries seem cheap.

Liquid Paraffin which is what many unscented baby oils are, I still had some in the cupboard from over 30 years ago.

any moron can change the battery in a pro or a sport...just solder the new battery in before you cut ot the old one that's the trick ...... I was talking about the air z's but I will now use brass anchor as I have been in touch with them

To solder in the new one before removing the old one would be quite a trick. Maybe your referring to the older Aladins that had a battery compartment and not the newer ones where the battery is attached to the circuit board and inside the oil filled body.

Replacing the battery from any Aladin whether it is 'dried" or submerged in oil is piece of cake. How to restart it is a completely different story.
I would had never able to do it without the incredible works of some genius on SB or You tube. NO, not any moron would be able to crack it.

guess I see a higher level moron then ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom