Uwatec/Scubapro IR receiver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I always heard it described as being for usb. I have tried my Polar IR interface w/USB and it won't work for whatever reason. So what is the SP IR receiver if it isn't USB?

http://us.uwatec.com/products/sm_infrared_receiver/sm_infrared_receiver.asp

Uwatec describes it as being for USB, I don't have the part number handy but its available to be ordered through any SP dealer, i doubt it would be in stock. You said you looked locally, i assume you have had problems getting your dealer to order it???

It is usb and I got mine at a local computer store. I think it ran 25 bucks.

Any IR will work. It doesn't have to be the SP one.

thanks for the help, the above link seems to carry them......I was concerned about a generic device as I've heard many stories of frustration trying to use them....the problem I was having was finding the SP model that was USB capable, the only ones I found previously were serial connections....even findind a generic device locally was a problem because everything is now going bluetooth and IR is becoming obsolete....thanks again for the replies and suggestions.....safe diving, Matt

OK,bad news/good news update....bad news is that scubastore.com cannot ship the item outside of the European Economic Zone or whatever it is...good news is that I just received a generic device made by StarTech from CompUsa.com.....$25 and it works like a charm....thanks again for all of the help and advice....safe diving, Matt

Back
Top Bottom