Uwatec Smart Z won't download via IR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had the same issue. I found that beyond the "angle & dangle" of the two IR ports, you need to make sure that they are VERY close (about an inch or so).

And like most, I get a better pull from my PDA than my laptop.

Once you get it working you'll like it! And you can update your Aqua Divelog for your PDA free. If I remember right, the version that you download from the Scubapro site isn't the newest and is still buggy. I am running ver 1.5 (en), and I haven't checked for a newer version out there in a while.

What type of infrared reader do you have? there are certain ones that work and do not work with the smart Z

Hi Nepix:

I just purchased a cheap IR reader from ACTiSYS. Works quite well. One thing you might want to check out is whether or not the IR port on your computer is activated. I had an HP lap top a couple of years back, and I had to tweek the bios to turn on the IR port.

Also, as several of us have pointed out, the IR port on the computer needs to be right next to the Uwatec.

Hope this helps,

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom