UWL-04 and soft corners solution...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pallse

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Reading various articles in web pages I found this:

"However, one issue did present itself during my dives and pool testing – soft corners. When shooting at large apertures, the corners will often be out of focus while the center of the image or the focus point is in strong focus. Luckily, this issue is easily resolvable. First, one must start by shooting at an ISO of 200-400 instead of 100-200. This enables you to shoot with smaller apertures while maintain good exposure. Noise is not an issue, especially with the RX-100 II’s new improved sensor technology. Next, shoot with a small aperture. At apertures of f/5.6 and smaller, more than enough of the image will be in focus enough to produce beautiful photos"

It is from a testing of uwl-04 lense with the RX100.

As I own an uwl-04 for my S100, I was about to upgrade to the Inon uwl-h100 28m67 type ii with the dome port for better image quality. But, this article placed me in doubts, if this is gonna be a right move.

Anyone tried the above? Does this apply to the canon S series too?

Back
Top Bottom