V32 DIN - screw down amount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weblooker

New
Reaction score
My proton ice extreme was just serviced and now I am away from home and diving. There was an air leak between the V32 1st stage and the DIN connector. I unscrewed the DIN connector with a hex key and put oxygen compatible grease on the inner o-ring (OR 2050) and threads then screwed it back down. That seems to have cured it for the moment. But I am unsure of how far to screw down, not wanting to damage the reg. I do not want it to come loose again. Please advise.

Hi there, sorry for the delay. You are probably not in the same situation now. Unfortunately my answer would have been the same. We cannot diagnose or give instruction on how to repair regulators over the internet. To me it sounds like either the din kit was not tight enough to begin with, or it has an Oring problem. Either way, I cannot diagnose from here, therefore I cannot tell you how to resolve the situation, particularly considering it's a life support product. My only suggestion would be to find a preferrably Mares dealer first, if not another dealer should be able to easily remedy your situation. Please be carefuly repairing your own life support gear!

Sorry for the long response with no solution, I just want you to understand why I can't offer a suggestion from here. I hope everything worked out for the best.
Regards,

Zak

Back
Top Bottom