Va. Tech shooting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kim why ...do you want to see them all surrender ...again ...:^)

Haven't these blokes been through enough at the hands of the Iranians ...do they now have to endure the embarrassment of being held captive by a guy in a wetsuit and jet fins?

Skull:
Kim why ...do you want to see them all surrender ...again ...:^)

Haven't these blokes been through enough at the hands of the Iranians ...do they now have to endure the embarrassment of being held captive by a guy in a wetsuit and jet fins?
I'm really not sure what you're getting at. Do you think it's OK to be so insulting about a bunch of people helping you to prosecute a war that almost no-one else believes in?
A really class way to treat your allies!

This thread is appalling.

Did we get off-topic or what?

Kim:
What? Did you want them tortured first?
Meaningless question.
Kim:
I don't think that anyone else would have reacted differently under the circumstances, and they certainly weren't blamed for it in the UK.
That was the essence of my curiousity. And the take on it by the US military apparently is very much different.
Kim:
And you suggest they're cowards????.
Well, well, you certainly like to take wild leaps, don't you? Looks like someone has very thin skin.

Kim:
I'd love to see you make a comment like that to their faces.
No problem. I was a combat veteran before they were born. I am not impressed.

Now back to the topic please, since your bunched up underwear prevents logic in your replies.

Jcsgt:
Did we get off-topic or what?
I don't know. For the last several posts it all seems to be about how British culture and laws produces a bunch of people who can't defend themselves. No one has seen fit to stop it so far so I don't know if it's off topic or not.

I DO know that if I said the same thing about a bunch of American service personnel the post would be gone within minutes and I'd probably be on a perma-ban.

Lopaka:
That was the essence of my curiousity. And the take on it by the US military apparently is very much different.
So you think American servicemen/woman would have reacted differently? And this is somehow something due to the cultural/legal differences between the two societies?

It's strange though....somehow I'd have thought that a country of timid anti-violence people would have been easier round up and shoot in large numbers a la America. Somehow it just doesn't happen much. As you are so good in logic maybe you have an answer for that?

Lopaka:
A bit off-topic after reading through all these posts, but I have to wonder about the culture you describe so well having a direct effect on the 15 Brit sailors and marines giving in passively to the Iranians. A culture that nurtures no resistance to hostility may be difficult to program out during military training.

They may have been told not to resist. On the other hand if you are right then what is worse surrender or

From the BBC news

US drops marine's Haditha charges

The US marines say they came under fire after a roadside bombing
The US Marine Corps has dropped all charges against one of the eight marines accused in the killings of 24 Iraqi civilians in Haditha in 2005.
Sgt Sanick Dela Cruz has been granted immunity in exchange for his testimony, the Marine Corps said in a statement.

Three other marines are charged with unpremeditated murder and four with attempting to cover up the incident.

Iraqi witnesses say the shootings were in retaliation for a roadside bomb that had killed a US marine earlier.

"Charges against [Sgt Dela Cruz] were dismissed on April 2 after the government balanced his low level of culpability in the alleged crime against the potential value of his testimony," the Marine Corps said on Tuesday.

Investigation delayed

Lance Cpl Miguel Terrazas was ripped in half by a bomb that exploded under the marine convoy as it drove through Haditha, 240km (150 miles) north-west of Baghdad, on 19 November 2005.

Defence lawyers for the accused marines have argued that the squad of marines then came under fire from the houses in which the Iraqis died and that they had shot back in self defence.

US inquiries into Iraq deaths

The US military at first reported that the Iraqis, among them seven women and three children, had died in the bomb blast and subsequent firefight, but later said that was incorrect.

There was no full US investigation into what happened until three months after the event when video footage taken by a local human rights activist of the aftermath reached Time Magazine.

Once their report showed flaws in the initial marine statement, an investigation began.

Sgt Dela Cruz was charged with unpremeditated murder and making a false report about the incident.

A military judge has yet to decide if there is enough evidence against the remaining seven accused marines to convene a court martial.

If found guilty, the three marines charged with second-degree murder could face life imprisonment.

The Haditha inquiry is just one of a number
the US military has been conducting into incidents of alleged unlawful killings by US forces in Iraq.

Kim:
Oh I get it.....

It's NOT okay to talk about gun laws and stuff in the States...

It IS OK to talk about it in the UK....

Amazing.

In the states we have rights recognized - allegedly - by the government and "the people" are supposed to be in charge (through representatives).

In the UK you are/were subjects of the crown and probably are granted "rights" or priviledges.

I for one am glad we threw off the yoke of tyranny, using our guns, and sent the crown packing. Now if we could only drive the English back beyond the wall and liberate Scotland.

Alba Gu Bra.

Come on guys. Let's get back to the VA shooting.

I heard a rumor that authorities were getting a search warrant for cell phone records for one of the victims. Anybody heard anything along those lines?

Green_Manelishi:
In the states we have rights recognized - allegedly - by the government and "the people" are supposed to be in charge (through representatives).

In the UK you are/were subjects of the crown and probably are granted "rights" or priviledges.

I for one am glad we threw off the yoke of tyranny, using our guns, and sent the crown packing. Now if we could only drive the English back beyond the wall and liberate Scotland.

Alba Gu Bra.

come out of the stone age, subjects is a relic of the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom