Valve Id?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sethw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone recognize the valves below? They came on a pair of Faber LP 50s purchased on eBay, the manifold is obviously Scubapro but my LDS said the valves were different and they couldn't identify for parts (or does anyone know where I can get a parts kits for them?) Any help would be appreciated.
-Seth

Attachments

• IMG_3163.jpg
    IMG_3163.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3164.jpg
    IMG_3164.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3166.jpg
    IMG_3166.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3167.jpg
    IMG_3167.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3168.jpg
    IMG_3168.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 69
That's one I haven't seen before! Definitely old Scubapro , though. The valve is the same as the old-style Dive Rite valves I have worked on in our Shop. Internal components are also the same as the old Dive Rite valves, which had a fine threaded HP Seat. I've found fine thread HP seats, and other parts for these valves (at reasonable prices) at Northeast Scuba Supply. Here's the link to their page: Dive Rite Valve Parts

Note their disclaimer.

Who did you buy them off? Maybe you can ask them were they got them serviced. I know the tech at the shop I work at has been doing tech diving for decades. He has enough experience that he'd just know by looking at them. If the guy you bought them off cannot help, check out some local shops and see if the tech guy is in the shop. Have them look at it. Hopefully you don't have to hit too many shops until you find someone who recognizes them.

If they are old ScubaPro, maybe check with ScubaPro to see who is an authorized repair center in your area. The older the shop the more likely they'll know what it is.

My thanks to all of you who offered suggestions. I do not believe these valves are old, I think DEdiveguy's suggestion is a good one, I am not that far from Northeast Scuba Supply, and they are one of the dealer who sell these paired LP 50s... I will call them to see if they have any ideas. Thanks again!

I'm wondering if you have a manifold of mixed heritage. Crossbar and knobs are obviously Scubapro. The valves themselves look more like old Dive Rites. The threads would be compatible, making it a viable theory. Also, the Scubapro valves had a rougher finish to them (they would match your Scubapro crossbar) than yours do.

This was theory at my local shop (mixed set) but they didn't seem to have the right parts for service - maybe I'll try getting a dive rite parts kit for the valves, I'm not using the manifold now. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom