Vancouver diving, any good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i would say that 99% of student visas do not include working in them, my friend from school was from wales, and he couldn't legally work until about 3 months ago when he got his citizenship.

And i am looking for a reason for coming out to BC so i can dive there... i grew up in Nelson(in the Kootenays) so i have friends there, but very few on the coast, or the lower mainland for that matter.

on a side note, out of curiousity, were are good places to stay/dive around bc??

[i would say that 99% of student visas do not include working in them, my friend from school was from wales, and he couldn't legally work until about 3 months ago when he got his citizenship.]

I thought you could work with the student visa but I guess not eh?

[And i am looking for a reason for coming out to BC so i can dive there... i grew up in Nelson(in the Kootenays) so i have friends there, but very few on the coast, or the lower mainland for that matter.]

There are loads of reasons why and diving is just one. The Granite is another. I think you know that ?

[on a side note, out of curiousity, were are good places to stay/dive around bc??]

There are hundreds of places to dive and stay. The best is on the Vancouver Island or on the north mainland Powell River area. We have excellent dive sites. Kents Beach is cheap and on the beach, dive from your door step.

Cheers
Derek

SubQ:
Hi

I may be moving to Vancouver, and I was wondering about the diving; is it any good? What is the weather, watertemp etc like?
Also, as a non-canadian student; will I be allowed to work as an instructor?
Any comments on the issue are much appreciated!
thanks

SubQ

It will not be any colder than The North Sea, which you are already used to.

So bring all of your cold water gear, like your drysuit and thermals, and thick gloves and hood, together with everything else you normally dive with in the North Sea, and you should be just fine.

The waters of the Eastern North Pacific are truly beautiful for scuba. The further north you go, along the western coast of North America, the more splendid it gets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom