Vandenberg In Political Trouble?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well I remember being in Key West 5 or 6 years ago and hearing them say at the dive shops "wait till we sink the Vandenberg".

but like you said, the folks running the city are short sighted.

Key West is a pretty short sighted town. It's a burg that would rather be drunk than productive. I've had my doubts about this ever happening and those folks who work for the city are more worried about saving their own personal jobs than anything else. A lesson learned, don't trust Key West.

I might agree but I would be more concerned about my job also.

Well no worries, they've got their own butts covered. Better to screw the local businesses than risk losing a job.

Gotta feed that family

Well there's little reason to go to Key West unless it's for fantasy fest or something like that. I know I won't dive in the area any longer other than for hunting.

Well there's little reason to go to Key West unless it's for fantasy fest or something like that. I know I won't dive in the area any longer other than for hunting.

Funny you mentioned that, my wife and I are going Saturday for Hemmingway days (arts and crafts festival on Duval)

So the dreams of having a Spiegel Grove quality wreck in Key West are basically shot. Guess I won't have much reason to go farther south than Islamorada anytime soon.

It simply amazes me how much money our government seems to throw at every worthless thing. But this small project, which would increase tourism and marine habitat, can't get funded even is a state where Counties have billion dollar budgets.

By KYLE TEAL, kteal@keynoter.com
Posted - Wednesday, July 16, 2008 01:56 PM EDT

Now, Key West City Commissioner Bill Verge says it might be best just to cut losses and sell the Vandenberg to a scrap yard for around $2 million. That's because banks helping finance the deal are starting to get skittish, he says.

Maybe Pensacola/Orange Beach, AL can come up with $2mil to buy it and sink it in the upper gulf, near the Oriskany...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom