Vegetarian Recipes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazy Potatoes
(NO this is not an at all original method of cooking potatoes but I just made some so I thought I'd share)

desired number of baking potatoes
cooking oil of choice
garlic powder
curry powder
black pepper
rosemary
(this can be done with just about any combination of seasoning that tickles your fancy)
aluminium foil
plastic bag

1. Preheat oven 350-400F
2. Line a baking dish or cookie sheet with foil and grease with cooking oil of choice or else your crazy potatoes will stick
3.Cut washed potatoes into chunks no larger than a silver dollar and no thicker than the pinky of an adult female with small hands (I use very scientific measurements :D :wink: ) otherwise they will take forever to cook!
4. Place chopped potatoes into the bag with several tablespoons of the cooking oil of your choice (lately I've been using enriched canola oil but olive oil is good too)
5. Liberally apply the aforementioned seasonings to the desired amount
6. Seal bag and shake until potatoes are well coated with oil and seasoning (if you are a complete tree-hugger and do not wish to waste the bag you may stir the ingredients together in a large bowl with a spatula, this will take longer and will be one more dish to wash which will use precious water)
7. Spread the potatoes in a single layer in your pre-greased baking vessel of choice
8. Bake until potatoes are golden brown. To ensure doneness stab the larger chunks with a fork.

Ok what is so special about my crazy potatoe recipe?
1. Doing it this way instead of using one of those mixes allows you to control the sodium and fat contents
2. If you are a vegan or strict vegetarian :rolleyes: you can avoid any sneaky animal products lurking in the aforementioned mixes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom