Venezuela

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverchic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm planning a trip to visit family in Venezuela after Christmas. Although I've travelled there many times, I've never been diving there. Does anyone have any experiences or suggestions to help direct me?

Los Rocas, although Ive never been it is a place I would like to go one day. I have not heard of anywhere else in Venesueala where there is diving.

Hi there:

I live and dive frequently in Venezuela. As a matter of fact, last week I dove four days in Los Roques. Los Roques, a National Park located about 30 minutes flight from Maiquetía, is definitively the best place to dive in Venezuela (very expensive during low season, and probably youll find their prices outrageous during Christmas season). That said, there are several other places to dive which you would find quite acceptable. It all depends on which part of the country you´ll be staying. Can suuggest Morrocoy National Park, if you are in the central part; Litoral Central and Chichiriviche if you are around Caracas and, finally, Mochima National Park if you will stay in the eastern part of Venezuela. Drop me a line if you need further assistance or guidance.

Arturo

Arturo,
Thanks so much for the information! Unfortunately, I have to postpone my trip until the spring. My family lives in Caracas but I really want to dive Los Roques. How far away is Los Roques from Caracas and how do you get there? Where can you stay and who do you dive with when you go?

Joanne

Joanne:

Los Roques is 30 minutes away from Maiquetía Airport. I advise you to try to fly with Aereotuy (most serious airline flying to LR).

On my last trip I bought a package from Arrecife Divers Escuela de buceo Arrecife Divers The package comprised flight (w/Aereotuy), boat dives (no shore diving in LR) plus room and three meals per day at Arrecife Posada (pretty good food, A/C in the rooms and hot water). In my opinion, this is the way for you to go. Once you know the exact date of your trip, you can request them a quote. The other way of diving LR is, once you are in CCS, go around shopping other (and possibly cheaper) options, such as flying with another airline (Chapy Air), flying on week days rather than on week ends and staying at a more affordable posada (such as Macondo Posada Macondo)

Regards,

Arturo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom