Venice 1/8/13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

knfmn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all! I'm going to be in Venice on 1/8/13. Unfortunately I can only stay there one day before heading down to the keys for a friends wedding. I really, really want to do a shark tooth dive while I'm there. I contacted Megaladon charters about going out with them, but it doesn't sound too promising. Would anyone be interested in doing a couple of dives and showing me the ropes while I'm down there?

Thanks,

Kristopher

For that time of the year, diving is really hit or miss... Winter months are tough on viz.... If there is any viz, you best bet is about 1/2 mile or more off shore... I can give you some spots (contact me/post) prior to coming down. I would really recommend going with a Charter. They have been dropping on some nice spots lately. Worst case, if a charter is not going out, you might try kayak diving (IF you feel comfortable with it). Scuba West (same org. as Megalodon Charters) rents them. I do 98% of all my diving off a kayak and have good luck. Keep an eye on winds (I use Swell Info.com). NE winds generally mean good viz.

For that time of the year, diving is really hit or miss... Winter months are tough on viz.... If there is any viz, you best bet is about 1/2 mile or more off shore... I can give you some spots (contact me/post) prior to coming down. I would really recommend going with a Charter. They have been dropping on some nice spots lately. Worst case, if a charter is not going out, you might try kayak diving (IF you feel comfortable with it). Scuba West (same org. as Megalodon Charters) rents them. I do 98% of all my diving off a kayak and have good luck. Keep an eye on winds (I use Swell Info.com). NE winds generally mean good viz.

Dive charter is how I'm trying to go. Unfortunately I haven't had any luck finding any buddies for the diving yet and the charter outfits I've contacted don't sound super promising. I'm not above solo diving, as long as I can rent a pony somewhere in the area. I would appreciate any tips you can give me r/e dive sites.

Thanks,

Kristopher

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom