Venice Again Sat 11-22 8:30am

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be at the alhambra site about 9, assuming I can rent a tank and get over there without too many unforseen detours...I do get lost once in a while....:(
I am the one with the ontario plates and green toyota suv.
:)

Not sure what time they open but you can rent them at Florida West Scuba. visit them at www.floridawestscuba.com, if you follow Walter's directions they are just a slight detour on the way to the dive site.

Following Walter's directions..... at the FIRST light over the bridge take a right and drive back over the bridge in front of you. (Venice is actually an island seperated from main land by the Intercoastal Waterway). Anyway, go over this bridge and as you cross it look to your left and you'll see the shop's dive flag and sign. At the base you'll have to actually do a U-Turn and go back along side the bridge to the entrance of the parking lot.

When done just reverse your steps back to Venice Ave. and take a right and head towards the second light which will be Harbor Blvd.

Sorry this turned out long but I have used this place to have tanks filled before and they have lots of Shark Teeth on display and for sale.

Wish I could go, have a safe dive and I hope the Viz cooperates

Wildbill:cop:

I really wish I could join you all! What is up for this weekend?

Sorry guys, but my wife and I are backing out. The wind was suppose to be from the east/ n.east, but didn't shift as expected and is coming from the NW. It makes it a pain to enter and messes up the viz. If anyone goes, let us all know how it was.

Well did anyone go?

Well I met up with Water....and Sky, but it was a bit rough today so we took a walk on the beach instead. Thanks for coming out Walter...see you guys some other day...
safe diving,
Anne:)

I was wondering where is the Alhambra Dive sight you guys were mentioning in Venice. Is it just directly south of Venice Beach proper? I actually live on Venice Island, about four blocks from Venice Beach on Harbor Drive. I was just wondering. I hope at some point I can meet up with you all when you come down this way. I really need to check this forum more often. My email is mystere77@hotmail.com if anyone wants to let me know when Venice dives are taking place. Thanks

divingvenice once bubbled...
I was wondering where is the Alhambra Dive sight you guys were mentioning in Venice. Is it just directly south of Venice Beach proper? I actually live on Venice Island, about four blocks from Venice Beach on Harbor Drive. I was just wondering. I hope at some point I can meet up with you all when you come down this way. I really need to check this forum more often. My email is mystere77@hotmail.com if anyone wants to let me
know when Venice dives are taking place. Thanks

Alhambra dive site is at the dead end next to the condo. Maybe Walter can explain it better. Harbor Drive sounds familar to me, and I have only been diving in Venice twice. I think Alhambra is off of harbor drive, just south (?) of the center of town and the tennis courts. A better answer is to do a search of Alhambra or Venice Shark diving on the board... you will get a lot of hits and there are directions somewhere that have been posted a couple times...

I am guessing that since the water is so cold already over there only ones with lots of neoprene will be diving! That excludes me, I guess...

Just keep an eye on the boards, and you are free to post also if you want to do a dive...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom