Venice Aug 2nd and 3rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I m thinking sat the 9th me and cub going for beach dives off sharkeys or alhams. I cant afford the boat trip right now. But I miss the exercise.

I attempted to grab a spot on the boat for sunday the third but apparently there is a nasty jellyfish outbreak around the boneyard.

I think there is a small group planning for next sunday the 10th... not sure if we are doing the beach thing or the boat thing.

ewwww jelly fish. And I m allergic to grape jelly. Yeeechh.. Guess it will have to be a beach blanket dive. Sat is the only time I can really do it. Cub has band camp starting Monday lol. And I m still working nights. So I need to sleep sundays.

I paddled out in my kayak early sat morning at 7:30 am and encountered a jellyfish armada about a half mile off shore. I was hitting jellyfish with my paddle on every stroke and if I had actually jumped off the kayak at some points I would have landed on three or four. It was crazy on the surface. Are they usually on the surface early in the mornings and then sink down later? It wasn't quite as bad all the way out at the boneyard, but I was just floating around out there debating my chances when I watched the Aristikat arrive and with the first diver in the water you hear "watch out, there's a jellyfish right behind you" I wasn't feeling all that warm and fuzzy about diving and I paddled back in.

It also wasn't as bad by the shore and there were some shore divers, but picturing myself surrounded by a few thousand jellyfish I had just witnessed with just a shorty on, I canceled my dive.

Thanks for the report.

Nancy & I spent over 5 hours underwater on Saturday. Viz was only about 4 feet, but seas were calm and we found about 1000 teeth each, including two megs (one was 3 inches) and two beautiful hemipiristis. We hade no problem with jellies.

Nancy & I spent over 5 hours underwater on Saturday. Viz was only about 4 feet, but seas were calm and we found about 1000 teeth each, including two megs (one was 3 inches) and two beautiful hemipiristis. We hade no problem with jellies.

Hi Walter! This leaves Nancy at what number dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom