Venice Beach Bash - July 9, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will be bringing a watermelon and some peanut wrapped pretzel thingys. What else do we need? Water? Shade? Good diving weather?

Me and my buddy Drew will be there on Sunday. We will also be down Saturday but with a friend. Is this bash a get together, private fossil show, or just hit it and swim! I spoke with Jamie a little bit ago and we are all set up for Sunday.

Anyone know water conditions, 110* and 2 ft viz? Im used to 6-12 inches and pitch black so this should be a change! I went out of Pensacola last Sunday and it was 75 ft viz and beautiful. I hear the water at VEnice is a bit cloudy. My first trip so Im a green horn down there!

See yall Sunday or if yall are bustin loose Saturday drop me a line. Be neat to met a few of yall..

Steve Holloway
steveholloway@bellsouth.net

I see a Venice buoy reporting water temps in the mid 80s....is that right? sheesh this might be a swimsuit dive. Total change from drysuit diving!

BOHUNTER, the Venice beach bash is open invitation. You are more than welcome to join us! There still may be a spot on a boat, I dunno, but there is beach diving and lots of really cool good people that will be attending. Hopefully the weather will cooperate, but that hasn't stopped us in years past! LOL

I have some bad news :depressed: - We have lost the use of Big Flat Top for Saturday. They have blown an engine and were hoping to be up and running before Saturday but the part needed to correct the issue will not be in before Saturday. Captain Jeff and Debra/Fossilbabe are very apologetic but there is nothing that can be done. Debra is attempting to get another boat but so far all are busy.

If there is anyone that signed up and NOT attending or is happy with doing just a shore dive, please let me know so we can get everyone on a boat.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday. We are still going to have a good time.
I'll give up my two spots on the 8:00 boat with Aristakat...Got some details we are trying to work out and very doubtful I will be able to make it before the boat leaves.. like that ever happens! :rofl3:
However, it there comes a chance for a later boat...:)

I'll just have to find my meg bling closer to shore this year.:praying:

We are solid hooked up for Saturday diving with 2 friends down there but Sunday we are running out with AristaKat all day! We got so many tanks we pulling a dingy! LOL Sewing up my knee pads, getting it all ready! Maybe some of us can bump tanks and tell some fossil stories and close encounters!

Yall got Bull and Tiger sharks down there..........:shocked2:

today was super cloudy water temp 82 , vis 2-4 ft at best NO sun so made it tough hunting...... on second dive divers used wetsuits they seemed much warmer... see you'll there, Scott(crew) will be on the beach if all diving on the boat could check in with him I would appreciate it..

thanks
Jamie

nooa still report sw 10 knts for Sat
SATURDAY
SOUTHWEST WINDS AROUND 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET. BAY AND
INLAND WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom