venice beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be at Alhambra Saturday....... See ya'll there

Did a dive at Alhambra this morning. 76F got a little chilly after an hour. We limited our stay to 1:32, max depth 17 feet, vis 5' or less. Nothing spectacular teeth wise.

I also drove past the park this morning so I knew where it is located. I will see you tomorrow.

Joe

Yesterday, conditions were perfect. I picked up over 100, including a small meg. Last minute call in to work today, you guys have fun without me.

It was nice to meet all who came out. Mr Miller from Canada, 2th diver, PurduePete, nice to meet you all. And it was good diving with Novafury and seeing Walter. For No Fish, next time around we shall dive.

Sunday was the better day out of the two for me. Although I did collect more teeth on Saturday (about a handful was all I took), Sunday had more diversity. We even ran across a pretty large flounder hiding in the sand. That and a little ray added to the mix for a good dive.

The temp was the same as Saturday (76F) but I wore my jumpsuit instead of my shorty so I was better insulated. Vis came and went but a majority of the dive was 5-10'.

Joe

Well Sat was good, We actually finally dove together Joe LOL no 4+ foot waves LOL. I will say that I was alittle chilled on the first dive but the second dive was alittle better, Although we did manage Myself and NoFish to get swept out and down the shore abit from the change in tides. Vis was good and we saw a few fish and other creatures to include a remora, I'll Let Chuck explain that one LOL

I doubt I will make next weekend as I will have my son but would love to be there.

Ya'll have a safe week and a safe weekend

I found that the friendliness of the scubaboard folks that helped me finally get some diving in on Saturday was only outweighed by one lonesome remora. Novafuy & I were digging away for some teeth when i noticed something bumping into me. No issue I thought , waving the pesky fish off.

The next thing I know is OWWW! that's my ear! Now seeing the culprit coming in for another landing... After a bit of this, I tried to get Novafury to get the thing off of me, now out of reach near the bottom of my tank. After finally figuring out what I was trying to tell him, and spotting the problem, a few well placed swipes took care of the hitch-hiker. After a while, it was back at it again. As long as it left my head alone, I let it have its way. So much for that.

We did see a neat batfish too. First one for me. It was not interested in hitching a ride. Good thing.

Overall a great time. Thanks for everyone's help. I will be back.

By the way, what is the hand signal for remora?

Lookin' for love in all the wrong places........................

I’m just getting back off vacation. I want to thank Purduepete and JustJO for showing me around the dive site. I hope this old man from Canada (by way of Western North Carolina) did not slow them down to much. I should have ask more question. Like how many miles surface swim do you have to make. I just was not in shape for that. But I had fun. Also meet 2th Diver. Sorry we started the dive with out you. I didn’t check the board the day I left. You all are a great bunch of divers and I envy you. It will be next summer or fall before I get back down.

Dive safe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom