Venice conditions for this weekend.... 5/17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well... i can answer my own question and maybe it can help someone else out.

Trip Report - Bone Yard

Early in the day 11am: 10 ft vis and 82 degree water great dive had a new diver with me that had a small freakout because of the visability... after we got on with the dive he sucked his tank down faster than anyone i have ever seen! I don't even know how it was physically possible for him to be @ 500 and me to be @ 2100... gonna go over that set of gear before it goes out again.

Late in the day 4pm: east of boneyard 3-6 ft vis water temp still great... solo dive Saw a huge barracuda that ran almost end to end in visability. he was maybe 3 1/2 ft. (i have never came across a cuda @ venice or in that kind of visability) it made my heart jump for a second.

I gave away most of the teeth to the new diver except the two biggest megs i found along with the most perfect tiny meg i have ever found... here is a pic of what i didn't give away as well as my haul from my previous day of diving a couple months ago.

Attachments

• megs.jpg
    megs.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 37
Well, Yesterday because of my friend being uncomfortable i only got a total bottom time of maybe an hour all day. First dive about 30 minutes Second solo dive about the same... I had some boat problems anchor drag and some weight issues at the stern i am working on so i didn't want to leave it for too long unattended. That produced 4 decent megs and several meg chunks(not pictured)... only two of the decent megs are in that picture from yesterday (couldn't let the newbie go home empty handed). The rest in the picture were from my prior trip which i got two full tanks @ about 1 1/2 hours each. I think this was an above average trip find wise... So about 4 hours total bottom time for the megs in this picture. I also had a huge pile (hundreds) of small ones that i gave away.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom