Venice conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Siilverback

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've worked all weekend but saw the post about the jellyfish outbreak at the Boneyard. Can anyone advise if they are also closer to shore? I am planning a shore dive at Alahambra or Sharkey's (got see if i can find a pink BC :rofl3: lol) on Tuesday. Thanks

Went out today with a new diver. Viz was about 3 - 5ft. Not great but doable. I did not see any jellies but my dive buddy said she felt a sharp sting on her leg towards the end of the dive. We were in about 17 ft. Not sure what happened because the sting abated once we left the water.

Went out today with a new diver. Viz was about 3 - 5ft. Not great but doable. I did not see any jellies but my dive buddy said she felt a sharp sting on her leg towards the end of the dive. We were in about 17 ft. Not sure what happened because the sting abated once we left the water.
I have learned a skin would be the best thing to wear. Did a beach dive today with a skin and it was the trick. The jellies were present and got a few stings to my face but nothing really to bad. As of yesterday (Saturday) my legs and arms still have a few marks from it. They dont hurt but looks like I have a bad rash! Live and Learn. Maybe some of the local charters can keep everyone posted on the jellies off of venice.

I have learned a skin would be the best thing to wear. Did a beach dive today with a skin and it was the trick. The jellies were present and got a few stings to my face but nothing really to bad. As of yesterday (Saturday) my legs and arms still have a few marks from it. They dont hurt but looks like I have a bad rash! Live and Learn. Maybe some of the local charters can keep everyone posted on the jellies off of venice.

Yea, I've been meaning to get one of those. Where did you dive from? I had a similer experience last week. Felt like I had been stung on the upper lip, right between the mask & my reg. Thought I was gonna end up with Grouper lip. But, once I got out of the water, things were fine. Am I getting stung by a jelly or am I just running into toxins they leave in the water?

Jellyfish still out there so didn't want to deal with that again so we went offshore a little. 48 ft jellyfish sporaic 15ft of bottom, 58ft jellyfish sporatic stillonce get to bottom not as bad. Heard down towards boca same problem off that beach.
I saw Fla west out there maybe they can chime in with a report of what they saw as well. Seems like bottom line make sure to wear a skin and light hoody to cover as much skin as possible

Hi Debra...Welcome to Scubaboard!

edit:...Whoops...guess you're not that new of a member! I had fun diving with you guys on Saturday...jellies or no jellies!

Hi Debra...Welcome to Scubaboard!

edit:...Whoops...guess you're not that new of a member! I had fun diving with you guys on Saturday...jellies or no jellies!
I enjoyed diving with you as well and looking forward to another!! HINT HINT!!!! :wink: Heading out to the bone yard tommorrow (Wednesday) With my old dive buddy for the last ten years. It going to be so sweet!! Playing hookie from work and getting paid while while doing. :monkeydan

Let me know when your heading out again,would love to do some tanks with you.

Im planning on going to alh this sat morn since my dive plans for tues fell thru. I m hoping the jellies are still away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom