Venice/Service Club yak diving trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sh@rkW@tcher

supreme yak diver in charge
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Nizzy and I met up at the new park just north of Sharkey's, with the original intent of paddleing out to the boneyard, but a stiff NE breeze convinced us to stay a bit closer so we opted to dive offshore from Service Club(about 1/4 mile). Although there was a bit of swell the viz was about 15+ foot. We were in about 22 fsw, and fossil beds everywhere, with some holding nice teeth. I ended up with more than 100 small teeth, 4 Meg frags, 2 mako, a nice intact 1 3/4" hemipristis and a 1 1/2" tiger shark. There were several juvenile gag and red grouper in the area, including one little red that followed us for about 20 minutes. Nizzy did much better than I did!

DSCF2179.jpg

DSCF2178.jpg

Today was my first time yak diving. All I cansay is Yak Divin Rules!!!!!!!!!!! I had a great time and cant wait to do it again!! I found some nice teeth.:D

Attachments

• IMG_1274.jpg
    IMG_1274.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1270.jpg
    IMG_1270.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 150
I need to make that long trip across the state and join you...

Is anyone going to make it over to the Thanksgiving Venice dive?
I was going to go with my yak.

Unless the plan has changed, it is the saturday after Thanksgiving.

If I can get a kitchen pass I'd like to go!

Been diving from my yak in the river and want to try in the gulf, would be great to have someone near.

rick

Been awfully quite in here lately....can here the crickets. Anyone been diving lately? any yak diving events upcoming? Help me out guys!

I went out on Saturday. Lasted a whole 45 minutes before I froze my behind off. :shakehead: I guess I'm gonna have to break down & start wearing the hood. I hate wearing the hood.:eyebrow: Viz should be good for this weekend, I hope.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom