Venice yak diving, anyone interested?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arby5831

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
first i want thank everyone for posting all the information here latley. i read a lot and did my first yak dive last weekend @ venice. weather was iffy storms rolling around us , but we got 1 dive in half way to the bone yard.
important things i found out.
#1) leash that was definetly a neccesary piece of equipment., was able to toss my paddle out of the way when i had to.
2) dove on a hooka line connected to my tank laying in the bottom of the yak move my anchor around as needed surfaced to the yak.
3) i dont have sea yak , but a regular hollow yak, in and out wasnt a problem
( i practiced before hand @ fort desoto).

finally , i am looking for other yak divers to hit the bone yard from alhambra beach in the up coming weeks ?? so post here if interrested and we can hook up .
2-3 foot seas may be the max weather wise
thanks again for all the info
i lve in st petersburg

arby5831

I realize this thread has got a few months on it, but you guys sound llike you are not to far removed from my current situation. I recently got myself a dive yak (malibu x-factor) and I'm interested in yak diving the Venice area. I'm still putting the final parts and pieces together, and could certainly use some direction. I would also like to find/meet up with a group of yak divers in the local area ( I live in Lee Co FLA ). Anybody else out there, I'm open to suggestions/info let me know what ya think????

I'm a yak diver from Charlotte County. As soon as we get some decent weather, I'm ready to go.:)

Thanks for your reply and enthusiasm! I have some things I would like to pick your brain about? I'm not new to diving but completely new to yak diving. As far as Venice goes, I've been out with Scuba West a few times fossil hunting and spent lots of time on the beach with the kids doing the same.

Thanks for your reply and enthusiasm! I have some things I would like to pick your brain about? I'm not new to diving but completely new to yak diving. As far as Venice goes, I've been out with Scuba West a few times fossil hunting and spent lots of time on the beach with the kids doing the same.

I don't know that I have much brain left, but feel free to pick away.:D

I don't know that I have much brain left, but feel free to pick away.:D

I love this I'm gonna steal it...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom