Venmo currently holding up payments referencing "Scuba"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

San Diego Climber

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
FYI, I had payments both in and outbound via Venmo that were held up presumably because "scuba" looks like "cuba". The payment I made I had to supply multiple rounds of information including AirBnB information on that the payment was for (apartment in Mexico, comment was "Casa de Scuba"). Took about a day to finally get approved.

Inbound payment even spelled it out "...for SCUBA (self contained underwater breathing apparatus)" and it was held up for a few hours.

Probably best to just use "diving" and not something that references a big bad communist island :eyeroll:

FYI, I had payments both in and outbound via Venmo that were held up presumably because "scuba" looks like "cuba". The payment I made I had to supply multiple rounds of information including AirBnB information on that the payment was for (apartment in Mexico, comment was "Casa de Scuba"). Took about a day to finally get approved.

Inbound payment even spelled it out "...for SCUBA (self contained underwater breathing apparatus)" and it was held up for a few hours.

Probably best to just use "diving" and not something that references a big bad communist island :eyeroll:
This is funny! So some AI algorithm finds Cuba in Scuba and decides embargoes apply?

This is funny! So some AI algorithm finds Cuba in Scuba and decides embargoes apply?
Apparently yes, and Syria is another one that gets flagged from what I'm reading. However, I'm sure thousands or more payments have been made on Venmo with "scuba" in the description and surely they're not all getting held up. Or surely they are...

I worked with a woman named "Isis" once, I feel bad for anyone contributing to birthday gifts or whatever and use the description "For Isis" :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom