Wanted VEO 2.0 or other inexpensive buhlman DCs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ls1dreams

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

Looking for an inexpensive DC that runs the full Buhlman 16 tissue algorithm.

Let me know what you have!

Oceanic runs PZ+, a proprietarty version of Buhlmann, details unknown. This is probably not what you are looking for. I have a Dive Rite Nitek Q from DGX, $400. Runs Buhlmann ZH-L16 with GFs. I use it as backup, few problems like no Dive Rite support, no download software, a few complaints from tech divers. I like it, learning a lot about Buhlmann.

I have used a Cressi computer since 2001. I believe it was manufactured by Seiko, and is identical to Tusa IQ 600, Sherwood AWAC-1. It's easier to download the Tusa/Sherwood manuals than find a Cressi one online. (The different brands just have a different plastic faceplate). It's nitrox compatible, glows in the dark, and has no backlight (which I prefer). Uses Buhlmann, but depending on where you read the specs, a 9 tissue model most likely to save on computation, but results the same. I think it's a great simple computer. The only drawback is the numbers are kinda small and it's mostly found in a console mount. No safety stop warning if that matters to you (you just watch the dive time to do a stop).

I recently purchased a used Nitek Plus as a backup computer for a liveaboard trip. Uses Buhlmann 16, and I believe also manufactured by Seiko. Multi-day diving gave NDL's within a minute of each other. I'd say they were only sometimes different due to console vs wrist depth variations.

I think both are great options, and are a perfect pair. Wife has a Oceanic Veo 3.0, and the default settings give more NDL.

I may be selling my extra Tusa IQ 600 in the near future...

FYI: I think changing the battery on an all plastic computer like the Tusa IQ 600 with a plain round o-ring is easier than the Nitek plus with it's strange o ring seal. The Nitek plus had a little bit of corrosion on the stainless steel backplate that needed to be cleaned. Plastic is always a simple wipe-off, and a hardware store o-ring can be used in an emergency.

I've got a used dive rite nitek duo which is exactly what you're looking for. Send me a message if you want more info or pics.

Back
Top Bottom