Vero Beach Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think a shore dive will be the easiest since I will need to rent some gear and I'm not getting into town until late the night before. I decided not to ship my gear but may try to bring some in a carry on. I have all of this Wednesday (july 11th) free so pm me if you're interested in diving.

Many thanks to sheeper and Vic for introducing me to shore diving in FL. I really appreciate you guys being flexible to accommodate my schedule. Glad it worked out and we had a great dive! That was the biggest turtle I've ever seen, too bad the photo of it didn't come out too well.

Come join us again anytime Shawn! Here is a Lesser Electric Ray and a Spiny Lobster from the dive.
electric ray_1024.jpgLobster1024.jpg

i'm a Vero local. dive shops here include Sebastian Dive and Surf (just north in Sebastian and my favorite) or Deep Six in vero (good selection and staff).
we have some nice shore dives....lots of people don't know or expect what we have. Several good locations though somewhat weather dependent. Riomar Reef is awesome though often low viz. Pepper Park to the south is nice.....easy access and facilities. Wabasso (near Disney resort) is also a good dive. all of these have reef between 50 to 200 feet off the beach. Sharks, turtles and more are typical.
look on facebook or meetup for vero beach scuba club.
hit me up anytime....we'll take ya out!

I am going to be in Orlando this weekend and can do a dive on Sunday Dec 16th. Is Vero Beach the closest dive site that is worth going to? Anyone want to go diving?

---------- Post added December 12th, 2012 at 10:05 PM ----------

I am going to be in Orlando this weekend and am hoping to dive Sunday Dec 16th. Anyone know someone who wants to dive? Vero Beach or somewhere close to Orlando?

I hear the beach dives are great with lots to see.....bugs and all. Is that still the case?

Aundre11 yes....they are! the diving around Vero is weather dependent. We need a few flat calm days before we et good visibility. The last few days has been awesome (and unusual for October!).
the reefs are shallow 10-22 feet, mostly rock and worm- rock. some areas are known for complex structures and are frequently visited by lobsters, nurse sharks and turtles. lots of small tropicals make their home there as well. The "boiler" wreck at Huniston park is a bit of a swim out but well worth it on a clear day. Top of the wreck can break the surface at low tide while it's only 20 feet to the sand.

Our local dive club (Vero Beach Scuba Club) is a great resource of people for the area. check us on Facebook

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom