VERY new to Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimmyz19

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Everyone, My name is Jim and I am not certified yet. Scuba is something I have wanted to do my whole life and I am finally going to do it, my class starts in about three and a half weeks. Even though it is something I have wanted to do, now that I have made the commitment to learn I am over run with excitement and nervousness, mostly excitement though. I have already learned some stuff on this forum and I am sure I will learn TONS more, looks to be full of info. Look forward to getting into the water and experiencing the underwater world. Happy Scuba Diving Everyone!

jimmy you came to the right place to learn this boarc is wealth of info, diving here in pnw is a fantastic place.

Cheers

Happy Diving

Please, please, please do yourself a huge favor and learn how to dive at home and then practice diving at home.

You live in a great place for diving, IF you actually dive there.

Alas, many of your neighbors are "divers," but they don't really dive. They learned on vacation to some tropical land and only dive next year when they again have a tropical vacation. Everything they learned the year before they've forgotten and have to re-learn. Year after year.

Why don't the dive at home? "OOH! It's too cold! AACCKK!! The water's not clear so there's nothing to see! UGGHH!! I can't wear that thick wetsuit and hood, not to mention that weightbelt!"

But. With the proper exposure protection, you'll be warm during your dives. With the proper training and technique, you'll be able to control your buoyancy, even with all that lead and neoprene. You'll also discovery that life is everywhere in your local waters. It's usually not the bright look-at-me brightly colored tropical look, but it's very diverse, bizarre and other-worldly.

Then, we you DO go on that tropical vacation, you'll have excellent skills and a deep appreciation for those neon, flashly creatures, as well an eye for seeing the more subtle tropical critters.

Welcome to our obsession.

Thanks for the welcomes so far. I plan on getting my training and certification here in the PNW. As I do not plan on any trips to the tropics, all of my training and practicing will be done in the PNW. I hope to one day make it to a tropical place to do a dive. Thanks again, and I look forward to hearing from many others.

Welcome to the 'board and the underwater world!!!

Enjoy your cert training and check out your new local forum here:

Pacific Northwest Orca Bait

Very active locals that will help you to continue with the true learning underwater while having fun....enjoy.

Thanks for the welcomes so far. I plan on getting my training and certification here in the PNW. As I do not plan on any trips to the tropics, all of my training and practicing will be done in the PNW. I hope to one day make it to a tropical place to do a dive. Thanks again, and I look forward to hearing from many others.

Excellent! Cold water diving is a challenge, but SO worth it.

Welcome- go thailand its heaps cheaper and more fun!
Then you can wear board shorts and rashie!
water under 18*c is crazy!
Hell move there! lol
Be safe man, do your homework' and try not to stress out to much.....relax and keep a presents of mind, you'll love it!
Damo'

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom