Very strange thread -- would you dive with me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would be very excited to dive with you. Like Sas I received much support form your blog and after my dry suit course dives I actually went back and read them again. It was a case of -if she can do it so can I!!

CD's reply is very accurate though. My husband and I often comment that your replies in many threads bring a voice of reason.

As for being a doctor well...that gives us something in common.

So yes if we are ever in your area Bygolly and I would love to dive with you - although my buoyancy issues are often still measured in metres- at least in cold water :)

As a relatively new diver, my feeling is, "I should be so lucky!" Meaning, I would be thrilled to dive with you.

I've had some challenges with what felt to me like overly casual attitudes on a number of the dives I've been on, and that has made me struggle with thoughts like "Maybe I'm just not cut out for the diving world." Coming from a boating background (and, just because that's how I am), I value planning, order, routines, and attention to detail. The more potential stress or danger in an activity (even a fun one), the more I want those things.

While I was stressed and doubting, and thinking that maybe I was just a stick-in-the-mud, I helped out my frame of mind by thinking about your posts and saying to myself "No, I don't think it's just me being weird or overly rigid. TSandM would surely understand. If I were diving with her I probably wouldn't feel like a square peg."

Heck, you're only 3,000 miles away :)

B.

PS: Aha, so that's what TSandM stands for. I figured it was probably something that everyone else "got" but me :dork2:

Hmmm...some people would even fly up North just to dive with you!

I would trust you as a dive partner. Then again I often dive with newbies so it doesn't say much does it?

Actually I enjoy meeting and diving with new people as long as they are not reckless.

I'd be more concerned that you wouldn't want to dive with a n00b like me. Otherwise, I figure diving with a far more experienced diver is always good. You know what you're doing, and I could be confident that you weren't going to lead me into something stupid.

I have NO problems whatsoever letting a knowledgable diver take the lead, and I'd welcome a chance to dive with you.

While I still consider myself a newbie it's always cool to take people on a dive and show them things they've never seen before.

While I still consider myself a newbie it's always cool to take people on a dive and show them things they've never seen before.

My guess is, through his entire diving career, Jacques Cousteau was still seeing things he'd never seen before.:D

I think this thread needs a poll to go with it...

:popcorn:

My wife did the first time she saw me put on that long glove, lube up, and stick my arm up a horses butt to my elbow.....

As soon as TS&M mentioned horse breeding I just new there'd be some sort of [-]per[/-].... probing involved.

If I ever get up to your neck of the woods I would love to dive with you. I mostly lurk on the board but your posts have always inspired me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom