Very strange thread -- would you dive with me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure, I'd dive with you. But I suspect we'd have some up-front negotiation related to s-drills and the like. Perhaps perception of your style of diving intimidates.

I don't think I would.... while I don't doubt you are a good diver, your constant need for self-validation would put me off. Threads like this are attention-seeking and I prefer cool, chilled out dive buddies - not anyone with enough neurosis to post a thread like this.

not anyone with enough neurosis to post a thread like this.

I took Lynne's post not as any need for self-validation, but a genuine desire to make herself more accessible to new divers, who may have trouble finding enough regular buddies and the local community to really get into diving, or who are interested in learning more about team-oriented diving.

Maybe it's the picture.

I don't think I would.... while I don't doubt you are a good diver, your constant need for self-validation would put me off. Threads like this are attention-seeking and I prefer cool, chilled out dive buddies - not anyone with enough neurosis to post a thread like this.

I haven't had my caffeine fix yet this morning so am confused why you feel the need to post a response as this to an OP who has been nothing but encouraging and insightful in her posts to all divers? Lynne is often the calming voice in many hot topic threads on SB.

I took Lynne's post not as any need for self-validation, but a genuine desire to make herself more accessible to new divers, who may have trouble finding enough regular buddies and the local community to really get into diving, or who are interested in learning more about team-oriented diving.

Yep, what he said!!

I always look for your posts on any thread, & thank you for the sense you write. As I have never visited the States, & have no plans to do so, diving with you is just a dream (a wonderful one).Diving with you would be relaxing & I would love to learn from you.

In the last week, I've had three different people tell me that they were glad to have finally gotten to dive with me, because previously they were afraid to.

Afraid to? Afraid to dive with ME? Good heavens.

But now I'm beginning to understand why I keep offering to dive with new divers and nobody takes me up on it.

Would YOU dive with me? And if not, why not?
I would think it might be because they find your skills and clear thinking (as shown in your posts here) intimidating, I know I do find them that way , if only a bit ... something about measuring up comes to mind ...

Would I dive with you ??
... in a heartbeat
You have progressed so far, thank you for taking us along with you .
... I regret missing the opportunity to dive with you when you were last out this way

Geoff H .. ?? wow, I have no idea what threads you've been reading,certantly not any of Lynne's ... yeah, wow

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom