Very strange thread -- would you dive with me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me, at the recreational level, there isn't that much required of a dive partner during the dive (beyond the basic buddy skills common sense stuff). I don't tend to talk a lot underwater. Who I like to dive with has more to do with how we jibe during the SI. Is someone funny, arrogant, interesting? Most people have the potential to be if they don't let quirky character traits get in the way.
I would rather dive with an average joe who is easy going and can carry on a conversation than with an skilled diver who lacks social skills.

More bunnies.....

633750046551682510-easterbunnies.jpg

That's some nasty looking skank you posted, please save us from that in the future.

The one on the left looks like she should be on a poster for, "Feed the Starving Children of the World." She looks almost as skinny as I was at age 17, and I figured out way back then that you CAN be too thin!

Your "electronic influence" has played no small role in my decision to take Fundies this spring. :D

Make that four. Hey, sounds like we've got the makings of a charter! :eyebrow:

Sounds like a plan, I'm in if it is after the beginning of June (I dive wet and have a 3mm plus vest). We better check out the sports allegiances though Selkie, would be tough for a State or Duke fan to be stuck on a six pack with us.

Come on over Lynne!

I dont know you, but as long as I know you were not going to shut my gas off then I am game!

Then you wouldn't want to go diving with me...that's how we play out here. :D

If we end up in cave country at the same time, I'd dive with you. Start with something simple, proper briefing, and have fun. I've had fairly good luck picking up buddies in cave country, It's a blast talking to people and learning their background. Fairly small group of divers, it seems we get to know each other fairly easily. Esp. when I'm staying at Kathy's place. Jackson Blue makes it a little harder since the pool's open 24 hours a day 7 days a week, I'm generally gassing up, sleeping or underwater.

As long as you don't make fun of my "Stroke" gear....lol.

Sounds like a plan, I'm in if it is after the beginning of June (I dive wet and have a 3mm plus vest). We better check out the sports allegiances though Selkie, would be tough for a State or Duke fan to be stuck on a six pack with us.

Come on over Lynne!

Well, I can be civil. I have a Dookie brother with whom I dive regularly, and I had to go to State for grad school.:wink:

Seriously though, Lynne and Peter, you should come out and dive with us sometime!

As long as the main goal of the dive (besides the obvious goals of surviving and not getting bent) is to have fun. I think a lot of people might get the idea, based on your very technical approach to the sport, that the dive would be stressful due to the perceived requirement to achieve perfection in buoyancy, profile, etc.

As long as the main goal of the dive (besides the obvious goals of surviving and not getting bent) is to have fun. I think a lot of people might get the idea, based on your very technical approach to the sport, that the dive would be stressful due to the perceived requirement to achieve perfection in buoyancy, profile, etc.

Herk, guess you missed this then :wink: :

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4972663
Oh, dear -- do you think I do drills on every dive? Far from it! In fact, at the moment, I can't remember the last OW dive I did where we did any drills, and I probably ought to set aside a little time to do some on one of my next dives.

I dive -- as all the non-instructor DIR divers I know do -- for fun. I'm a critter watcher; I love the cryptic, camouflaged and amazingly adapted life of the waters of the Pacific Northwest. The training and practice I've done just gave me the skills to have MORE fun, with less stress. They also prepared me to dive in environments that are pretty unforgiving, but I do THOSE dives for fun, too!

Sometimes I think everybody has an image of DIR/tech/cave divers as humorless, intense people with a military approach to diving. No fun allowed! Nothing could be further from the truth :)

Drills on every dive? No, you have it wrong. She's a DOCTOR, not a DENTIST!:doctor:

Back
Top Bottom