Victoria B.C

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kelev2000:
Any recommendations for a good dive group to join for a weekend dive in Victoria?

Go to Ogden Point Dive Center in the heart of Victoria.
They have daily led dives (boat or shore)

Talk to Erin or Brad at 604-380-9119

Have fun.

tp

Hey...

I agree.. Ogden is a great place to join a charter... but area code was wrong.. Victoria is a 250.. not a 604...

250-380-9119

If you are looking for some shore diving opportunites.. Frank Whites and Great Ocean Adventures both have DM lead morning dives.. on the weekends.. Whites is on Saturday.. Great Ocean on Sunday.

Kelev2000:
Any recommendations for a good dive group to join for a weekend dive in Victoria?

I can highly reccomend Frank Whites....they do both Saturday AND Sunday dives (Blanshard St Store Saturday and Keating crossing store Sunday). They leave at 10 am. Store opens at 9 am. Yes the "breakwater" is a good dive BUT Henderson point and Willis point (awesome wall) are not to be missed.

DIVE!DIVE!DIVE!

mech:
I dove with Frank Whites.
I also highly recommend them.
The neighbourhood is right -- is there any relation to Whites Drysuits? I know they're a stonethrow from greater Victoria...

If I may..........frank White Sr started the store way back when and then got into manufacturing.......sold the store later on.........but there is still a close tie. Still both high quality people and products. I sound like a salesman........

I would recomend ogden point. I have dove for 6 years, I really liked ocean sports, untill it got sold and got snubbed cause all I usually did was get air cards, unless you bought expensive gear they did not talk to you(ALSo SEEN BAD PRACTICES FROM NEW DIVERS THEY HAVE TAUGHT!WILL NOT DIVE WITH ANYONE WHO LEARNED THERE). now it was sold again, but same people run it. they have the best charters. Erin is great, owns the shop, treats everyone great. heather is good, working her way to divemaster. and Brad knows anything about diving, good instructor.

I like Frank Whites, they have great instructors courses with greg. if Howie is still there he is good, and Jay shire is good to.

Wilson DIving is good too. they do some different shore dives, Albert head from the base side, so it is a shore dive. Sells good dive gear, and is in colwood.

I am a Padi instructor and an ACUC divemaster. My best advise is to go to every shop and talk to the people there and see who you like. I am the type of diver who wants to be acknowledged when i walk in to the shop, talk diving and not have the employee want to talk and get to know the customers, not brush me off cause i am not buying anything that day.

sawpaterson:
(ALSo SEEN BAD PRACTICES FROM NEW DIVERS THEY HAVE TAUGHT!WILL NOT DIVE WITH ANYONE WHO LEARNED THERE)..

Hey Scott, I've seen lots of bad practices from lots of new divers. Maybe YOU should dive with them and maybe set a good example for them to follow.
It's all about having fun not who's better right? :wink:

cheers,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom