video editing software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
I am interested in finding an inexpensive software package that I can use to download edit and convert my Gopro videos with. The features that I really would like to have are all in one software that would allow me to crop video and get image stabilization with out jumping though 500 hoops, only to find there is some obscure issue that prevents me from getting to a finished product. Last year I was using the Gopro Studio package, and tried a freeware image stabilizing software (Deshaker). The image software did work, but I couldn't do much with the videos afterward. I am a teacher, with children in college, so cost is a big issue, and I would prefer to make a one time purchase rather than a monthly subscription.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be glad to hear them.

I was looking at some reviews and the Sony software does has a lot of bells and whistles, but I was concerned when I started looking at the image stabilization. One sample looked totally awful and apparently it automatically zooms and crops the image. I am pretty good at keeping the camera movements smooth and steady, but with the wide angle of the gopro lenses, I would like to get as much help as possible.

Anyone have experience with the Corel Video Studio software?

i use power director 10 loads of features convert to just about any finished product and easy to use with a bit of practice you can crop add frames add audio. seems to do anything you would want and much more.

I am interested in finding an inexpensive software package that I can use to download edit and convert my Gopro videos with. The features that I really would like to have are all in one software that would allow me to crop video and get image stabilization with out jumping though 500 hoops, only to find there is some obscure issue that prevents me from getting to a finished product. Last year I was using the Gopro Studio package, and tried a freeware image stabilizing software (Deshaker). The image software did work, but I couldn't do much with the videos afterward. I am a teacher, with children in college, so cost is a big issue, and I would prefer to make a one time purchase rather than a monthly subscription.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be glad to hear them.

It depends on your budget and how much time you'll be willing to spend learning the software. Adobe Premiere Pro is pretty good and works exceptionally well with Photoshop, Bridge and other Adobe products. It has a very extensive suite of filters and effects and will certainly do image stabilization and color correction. However, there is a pretty steep learning curve. It's worth it though if you'll be using it a lot. Nowdays, all the Adobe products have a monthly subscription model so that might not work for you. An alternative might be to jump on eBay and see if anyone had a slightly older version for sale outright.

For basic stuff GoPro's free editing software, the GoPro Studio, is surprisingly good and is easy to learn, although limited in the effects.

I've been using Avid Media Composer for decades but I used it professionally in a broadcast environment. It's expensive and has a steep learning curve.

Alot of which system you choose comes down to personal preference, budget, hardware and how much time you want to spend learning the software. If I were in your position, I'd use GoPro's Studio with a stand-alone image stabilizer.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

Corel Video studio X7 ultimate. Ultimate comes with the filters like Mercelli which works really good. You can get the software as a standalone program and it was way more options. I found Corel was the cheapest. The other program I use is Magic videostudio 2015. It has way simpler ways to adjust the contrast, colors ect so tweaking videos it's allot faster. Corel you just slap on filters and tweak each one seperatly and you get a max of 5 filters so you might want to add a few more then that sometimes but can't. People always ask me what I do to get better footage I simply tweak the colors and crank up the sharpness simple and effective. Magic use a built in stabilizer corel uses a filter that you have to run so it takes allot longer to see the results.

I used to use adobe but the month to month crap turned me away from them. From years of using them to dumping them don't really miss it that much it did work but it would always start crashing when the new version came out for some odd reason. Then they dump fixing it to buy the newer version pain in the rear so I switched and didn't look back.

this was done with corel video editing software so you can see edited vs non. Lock the whitebalance is my advise if you use a gopro you spend allot less time fixing the footage after.

ht tps://youtu.be/aEg_0WYezZQ

Corel Video studio X7 ultimate. Ultimate comes with the filters like Mercelli which works really good. You can get the software as a standalone program and it was way more options. I found Corel was the cheapest. The other program I use is Magic videostudio 2015. It has way simpler ways to adjust the contrast, colors ect so tweaking videos it's allot faster. Corel you just slap on filters and tweak each one seperatly and you get a max of 5 filters so you might want to add a few more then that sometimes but can't. People always ask me what I do to get better footage I simply tweak the colors and crank up the sharpness simple and effective. Magic use a built in stabilizer corel uses a filter that you have to run so it takes allot longer to see the results.

I used to use adobe but the month to month crap turned me away from them. From years of using them to dumping them don't really miss it that much it did work but it would always start crashing when the new version came out for some odd reason. Then they dump fixing it to buy the newer version pain in the rear so I switched and didn't look back.

this was done with corel video editing software so you can see edited vs non. Lock the whitebalance is my advise if you use a gopro you spend allot less time fixing the footage after.

ht tps://youtu.be/aEg_0WYezZQ

Thanks for the comparison video. I was looking at the slightly older version of Corel. It is available new on Amazon for only around $20. I am going diving in the morning, so will hopefully have some new footage tomorrow night to play with. I am also going to be trying out my daughter's home built computer. I am curious to see how a much more powerful computer will improve my bad videography.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom