Video Editing Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use GoPro Studio and also have had it crash and lost work and files. Here are the steps I've learned the hard way to tame the program:

1. import the files from the camera with a USB cable rather than directly from the card. That way Studio sets up my folder with date and uploads the files to the Hero4 Silver subfolder.

2. Whan asked if I want to keep the files or delete after importing I always click to keep files.

3. Don't delete the files on the card until the final video is finished, just in case.

4. When working in Studio every few minutes I save my work in a Project file. Each file name has the date of the video and version number. When the final video is done you can delete these Project files and just save the work in a final Project file.

5. When the final video is done and exported I format delete the card in the camera so it's ready for the next day of diving. I start a day of diving with a blank card. Because each card is for only one day of diving, I don't need large capacity card-- 16 GB is more than sufficient, though I buy 32 GB as the cost is not much different.

Pinnacle Studio 19 for me.. Lots of youtube videos on how to use it as well..

And to speed up editing, I also bought a DV keyboard. It has a jog / shuttle wheel on it which makes editing a breeze..

I use Corel Video Studio Pro 7.0. It is a 2014 version that only cost $20 on Amazon. It works pretty well and, unlike the Gopro software, it has video stabilization a feature I find pretty handy. Crashing software is often an indication that the editor is overwhelming the computer. I have a laptop that is already a couple of years old and I do a lot of editing on faith that once compiled and exported the video will look pretty good. Ideally you should have a pretty hefty amount of processing power with a graphics accelerator card. This is one of the videos from this summer:

[video=youtube;gBhsxqyH2rs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBhsxqyH2rs[/video]

I've found that the Go Pro software is always crashing on me, so I can't even finish compiling a video. Super frustrating. What video editing software would you suggest for somewhat of a beginner? Something easy to use, or easy to learn how to use. Based on reviews I've read, I'm leaning towards Sony Vegas or Adobe Premier but am open to any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Honestly speaking, vegas pro is the best software for uw video edit. I tried almost a lot of software like adobe... If u just doing some cut, sound edit. U can choose something else. But if u want to do color corrections, v pro is the best. Like aav lab plugin is very useful on recover the color which u didn't use red filter or u took video over 30m, red filter become almost useless depth.
I tried Adobe but not really suitable for uw.
But the disadvantage of v pro is no mac version.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom