Video Editing Systems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, a lot of confusion :rofl3:

Anyway, I just picked up Vegas 9 Platinum and its not to bad. I have a lot to learn with it. and I have it loaded on my custom built PC. Now my lap top crapped out on me 2 weeks ago. I am really thinking about getting a Mac Pro 15". I am so tired of malware and virus stuff. Plus I heard the macs are a little better with audio and video stuff. Any thoughts on switching to Mac?

Ed you will definitely enjoy a Macbook Pro for editing. It took me a while to convert even though everyone was telling me to. Once I did it, I soon learned it was far superior and ended up switching everything to mac.

Final Cut is a great program, and it is very stable on the Mac platform. I used to have so many issues with my PC crashing when running Photoshop, Video editing software or any other high powered software...not the case with Macs...plus the lack of viruses is a another huge benefit. If you must use a program that is PC only, Parallels is great on the mac for that, so you really have two machines in one...

You'll want to max out the system RAM and get some firewire drives for capturing your footage to and editing from. You don't want to use the system drive for media storage unless absolutely necessary. Firewire 800 is better than FW400 which is better than USB for media work.

Premiere Pro CS4 is friendlier to AVCHD cameras than Final Cut Pro is but I prefer cutting in FCP.

Back
Top Bottom