Video from Raja Ampat, Indonesia.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

madfishdiving

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just spent a few weeks diving in Raja Ampat and put this together.

Please comment, share, enjoy

Marine conservation through Eco-tourism and Scuba Diving - YouTube

Stefan Andrews
2013 Australasian Our World Underwater Rolex Scholar

---------- Post added July 29th, 2013 at 12:47 PM ----------

Also more about conservation in Raja Ampat

New marine conservation area in biodiversity hotspot, Raja Ampat - YouTube

and my final video from 6 weeks and almost 100 dives in Indonesia:

http://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=U8Himc-ui9w&ns=1

Great videos Stefan. What camera do you use? Are you using filters, lights or other accessories to film steady color?

Great videos Stefan. What camera do you use? Are you using filters, lights or other accessories to film steady color?

Hey thanks for the feedback.

I'm using a Sony NEX5R. As for lighting, I've got 2 x SOLA 2000 Lights, and have recently been playing around without lights and custom white balance.

[video=youtube;g64yXzCOx18]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g64yXzCOx18[/video]

Very interesting WB test. Actually, I've also been experimenting, but with a different camera (Panasonic GH2), and I've just posted this on another thread:
"I stumbled across a different method for WB'ing my Pana GH2. I used a piece of white translucent plastic detergent bottle to cover the filter, and pointed it to the brightest part of the sky (or white sand). Had to let the camera adjust ISO and aperture automatically whilst WB'ing, but it worked really well for most diving situations. It's like using an Expodisc underwater."
Maybe give it a try if you're lucky enough to be near the ocean? You're definitely right that traditional WB methods don't seem to work the same way with these new AVCHD codecs as with old MiniDV or HDV. There's even one of the pros over on Wetpixel who's been unable to get a decent WB out of a Sony FS100. Bing it to see how much that camera costs, then double it for the housing...
I liked the stuff on your YouTube page.
Matt

Back
Top Bottom