Video of diving Anacapa Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reeveseye

Contributor
Reaction score
This is the first underwater video footage I've shot with an actual video camera as opposed to the QuickTime movies my digital camera takes. It was shot while diving Cathedral Cove on East Anacapa Island. Check out the link below:

The Cathedral at Anacapa

The site hosting this video offers four options on the size of the picture. Don't click on the 1500k (large picture) option unless you have a high-speed cable or T1 modem (it was touch and go with my DSL - I had better luck with the 700k size).

Enjoy!

John,

That was fantastic!

You told a nice story and the editing was great. I enjoyed taking that underwater journey with you.

I also liked your titles and credits. They did not intrude on the video and looked very professional, which I find rare in most of the underwater video I see. Just out of curiosity, what program did you use to create the titles?

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Christian

That was excellent what kind of setup were you using.

I especially liked the part about the suit becoming unzipped!
Nice job on the video.

Beautiful ! ... Outstanding !!

... unziped wetsuit ... LOL

DB

Hmmm....requires WMP9 or higher. Any chance of converting this into a formt that everyone can view, such as DIVX?

Thanks for making it available, though.

Thanks for all the positive feedback!
headhunter:
I also liked your titles and credits. They did not intrude on the video and looked very professional, which I find rare in most of the underwater video I see. Just out of curiosity, what program did you use to create the titles?
I used NeroVision Express to create the video, including credits. I have Pinnacle Studio 9, which is a much more advanced editing program, but I’ve been too lazy to learn how to use it so far.

I agree with your opinion about poorly done credits in most amateur videos, but in defense of those who make them, I think that a lot of the problem lies with the program itself. Most programs, including Nero, don’t offer enough text/credit options to make the lettering look good on screen. The text always looks like it’s been harshly superimposed onto the picture, and has a definite sense of being separated from it, like an element that doesn’t belong. Good credits should look like they’re part of the image, not like something that’s just been set down on top of it. The letters in the credits of a movie or TV show have softer edges that let them blend into the picture. Since that’s not an option with Nero, I decided to put them against a pure black background and fade them in and out slowly. Using a medium blue color that contrasts a little less with black helps as well.

tghd:
what kind of setup were you using.
My wife’s Panasonic GS-12 mini DV video camera in an Aquatix AquaCam universal housing. Just a basic camera, no different than anyone else’s home movie cam. No lighting other than sunlight, although I adjusted the color tones slightly in Nero during the editing process.

undrwater:
...requires WMP9 or higher. Any chance of converting this into a formt that everyone can view, such as DIVX?
I wish I could help, but the hosting site (www.MPEGnation.com) converts it into a streaming format once you upload it, so I have no control over how they process it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom