Video of guy using chair legs to practice with a reel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Kreider

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A while back I saw a few videos on YouTube of a guy showing how to practice wraps and tie-offs using the four legs of a chair. Now I can't find them! Does anybody have a link? It seemed like a good way to practice when you couldn't make it to water... Or even out of the house.

Great Info! I dive dark water and I always carry a small reel with me. Better to be safe than sorry! Sometimes near the banks of rivers you can actually go under the banks / shelves of wased out limestone. THis is very dangerous they may be structurally ready to cave in, so no need to be creating pressure waves inside one moving around looking for a way out if you get clouded up. Dont touch anything, just try and get back out cleanly. Im not into diving caves but in a dark river with limestone shelves its not uncommon to find yourself under something. Its always spooky. Good lights and then maybe 1-2 ft viz. You cant teach it, its an experience thing. Learn the basics and fall back to them if you have an issue! 1. Stay calm! LOL I like the internet ... free education is worth my Monthly fee!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom