Video of Hawksbill Turtle - having lunch, then a swim.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Very nice video, thanks for sharing. The area seems to be appropriately named.:wink:

Wildbill:cop_2:

Man Glad to see your back in the water! Nice video my sons loved it!
Who did you do the dive with?
I see HOODS ON???? You guys water temps in the lower 70's,
now thats Speedo weather up in Wisconsin! I'm down next weekend & may see you if your in town,trying to do a Largo wreck trip one day prior to going home,
Hey dive safe and say Hi to the wife-it snowed last night.
Brad

Thanks Brad.... That was Michelle in the HOOD. Kevin and I also are donning the hoods as well. It was 73 yesterday.

We'll be in Colorado from the 4th - 18th... Will you be back at all the rest of the winter?

Nice video

Howarde, he did not miss a bite! Do you know exactly what he was eating?

Is it difficult to post video snipets or do you always link them?

Ha, I liked that. Sea Turtles are one of my favorite marine animals. If he could talk, he was probably saying 'why do these people keep following me?'
Thanks for the video!

catherine96821:
Howarde, he did not miss a bite! Do you know exactly what he was eating?

Is it difficult to post video snipets or do you always link them?

It looked like a piece of sponge.

It's not difficult to post video. I generally use windows movie maker to make simple WMVs that are easliy viewable. SB limits your file size to 4MBs which is a challenge... But I have my own web server, so I can post files as large as I want. This particular file is 12 MBs. For the good quality... I use at least 512kb/s file.

Makushr1:
Ha, I liked that. Sea Turtles are one of my favorite marine animals. If he could talk, he was probably saying 'why do these people keep following me?'
Thanks for the video!

I think it was pretty cool with me... I spent 15 minutes with the turtle. I was only about a foot away most of the time. I touched the shell a few times, and it could care less. It didn't make any attempt to get away. Actually... when I stopped swimming, so did the turtle... When we finally started swimming away... it followed us for a little bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom