Video of Spiegel Grove on CNN website

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steele

Contributor
Reaction score
Click here to watch it.

Excellent video footage. I really enjoyed my pre-Dennis dives on the Grove and I am looking forward to diving her in her new upright condition.

better viz than when I was there... I hope to have some video from my recent dive there posted soon.

when it was sideways could you climb up on the hull out of the water? that would be a pretty neat place for a SI... bring along a grill and have your buds float some fish up to you on a bag. :)

IS there any one with info about the groove like depth, location and rules about going to it. My aunt live in key largo and been bugging me for a year to visit might as well dive if I go visit her.

Great video... I can't figure out why they keep interviewing Rob Blesser though anytime they do a story about it... maybe he gives them free boat rides out to the wreck and free dives to keep himself on TV.

I was very unimpressed with him.

I dove with his company and had some great dives, until the day he captained the ship. He was completely full of himself talking about how he was the "Mastermind" behind the sinking of the Spiegel Gove and how they couldn't have done it
without him and saying how he took over the project... I asked him though
how if that was all true, how come it flipped? heh...

I'd dive with their company again, but everyone on our boat would have much
prefered to had the captain we'd had earlier in the week.

This video had some great video footage of the Grove though. I can't wait
to get back down there and dive it again.

Steele:
when it was sideways could you climb up on the hull out of the water? that would be a pretty neat place for a SI... bring along a grill and have your buds float some fish up to you on a bag. :)

That was only for a week or so when it was upside-down, after it sunk prematurely, until they finished sinking it on it's side.

genxweb:
IS there any one with info about the groove like depth, location and rules about going to it. My aunt live in key largo and been bugging me for a year to visit might as well dive if I go visit her.

Depth: Sits in 130fsw, Main deck 100fsw, top of superstructure 60 fsw, floor of well-deck 120fsw. vis usually 50+, currents, 0 to ripping.

Its out past French reef about a 30-35 min boat ride from Port Largo.

There are 8 mooring balls on her, no restrictions. Most decent operators in Key Largo will require an AOW or proof of recent deep dives. It can be a serious dive.

If you need more info PM KeyLargoBrent, I can't even guess how many hundreds of dives he has on her.

Back
Top Bottom